• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solution: Mobile Barton 2500+ and 13x multiplier and above

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just wanted to confirm another successful wire mod. I just installed an M-XP2600+on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.1.04 and it's doing 15X166 (2.51Ghz) right now at 1.7volts.
Thank you------:)

Aaand, another one!

A7N8X-D
XP-M 2500+
2500Mhz, 1.7V, Fan on silent :D (~1900rpm)

amd1.jpg

Sigh it appears I will have to pin mod my epox 8rda+. Others have said they did not have to but if i try anything over 12.5 i get the cmos checksum faliure yada yada yada.

Tried dropping the fsb to 100 with my new mobile 2400 1.3w and nothing will get it over 12.5 :(

Really a pain since I am using a mach1 cooling system and taking it apart can be such a pain in de arse :mad:

Hope this works

i just wire modded my epox 8rda+ 2 days ago, was successful.
hey tom, do u have the A2 chipset or A3 chipset under ur northbridge heatsink?
that might make a difference.. i have the A2.
For some reason i can't get 200mhz fsb anymore (even with good ram)
i'm running 14x195 right now

I'm going to try this one out today as well, I just got my new mobile Barton 2500+ and new memory today. Right now I have the unlocked version of the desktop Barton 2500+ but I am limited to 200x10.5. I'm hoping with the new memory and processor, and some AS5, that I can get 2400-2500 on air. I will try and get on later today to report my results.

Wish me luck, and happy overclocking!

Well, I'm about to try this too.. Atm I'm at 2,500 on air with 12.5 * 200, it sits at 39-40 degrees celcius, so I'm happy so far. Let's see if I can hit 2,800 on air =).

Hello there,
i got my Mobile 2500+ yesterday and tried your wiremod on an epox 8rda+, with the result that ähh ... nothing... changed. I puted a tiny u-shaped twisted unisolated speakerwire into the holes, and it was the same, as before :-( Anyone got a hint as to why nothing happened? Currently its running prime-stable @ 185*12,5 on Samsung pc2700 memory (quite maxed out, maybe i need ramfreezers :)) - but i got plenty of heat to spare, so any ideas for my multyplier?

Help

Hi Guys, i'm new to this forum. Well, i got one of those superlocked barton, week 51. I successfully changed my Athlon XP(Barton 2500) to Mobile Athlon XP-M. I did the L5 mod to get 3x-24x multiplier as well. However, i can't see the 24x in my bios and i can't change multiplier setting in Bios. I am stuck at 11x. Whenever i try to change the multiplier to anything higher or below, it would not show anything during startup. So i went on to try the CPUMSR to see if i had any luck with that. Apparently, everything is being detected by CPUMSR. But when i try to change the multiplier and set it, the system would freeze. I got a M7NCD Pro(Nforce 2 chipset), and 2x Corsair XMS Extreme Speed. I've heard that nforce 2 chipset doesn't support on the fly changing command. Does anyone know if i can use WPCREDIT to allow the mobo to change the multiplier on the fly?

One good thing about the Mobile that I have noticed is that i overclocked the FSB to 200 to test for stability. The temps were 50-53 on idle. That's normal for me since my temps are always around those #s. I tried to pump it up to 205 on FSB, which i have never successfully achieved b4 it was modded. It loaded with no problem. THe temps were the same. 50-53 on idle and full load 60. Before i modded this thing, i had 68 on full load and the system would give blue screen, restart, or just freeze. Now i can go on to do mah thang with higher FSB. But it would be great if i could change multiplier as well. Anyone know what i can do about the multiplier?

OK, I did it, and WOW! This 2500+ Barton Mobile from Newegg is scorching! I'm just getting going, priming at 14x180 (2524 mhz!) for stability, all on air. How high will she go?!?! Thanks for this wire mod guys, it's made my day!

So I just have to get something strait...
When you put the wire-mod in, you have access to 13x multi's but not any lower. But if you remove the wire, you will be able to get back the lower multi's but only up to 12.5x like before? Just need a confirmation, THANKS!

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for my mobile 2600 to get here!!! :attn:

Yes that is correct.
Wire.............13 and up
No wire 12.5 and below.

Just make sure that you set you FSB low when you make the first wire install
or you will have the cpu speed to high.

Right now mine is running 13.5 x 171 @ 2,2,2,5 mem timings.

and installing ur wiremod correctly matters..
i got a bigger piece of wire and put it in real careful today because the old one fell out. when to overclock and bam, an extra 50mhz. running 14x196 = 2744 and working my way up :)

Yesterday I have tried to make the Wire trick. After some Problems (no entry into BIOS) I have changed to my old processor. But I wasn't still able to get Access into BIOS. So I made a CMOS reset. After that my Sys is dead. Nothing happens after Reset. I think I have killed my Mobo (ASUS K7v266-E), but I don't know how.

After work I will buy a new mobo (Abit Kn7-S) and I hope that my problems are cleared.

Would this work for the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2 board? When I had a multiplyer of 14x selected in the BIOS my CPUID program was telling me it was really running with a multiplyer of 5.5. Will this remedy that?

It should Jankage. I am going ot ty it on my A7N8X-X tonight. I have been looking for a way to get the 5bit overide without buying an NF7. You rock dude! thank you do much!

I already have my Mobilde 2600+ Barton running at 2500 mhz easily (at stock voltage I think) but I wanted to push it more. Finally a way to do it. I think i should get around 3000 mhz.

Damnit. Its not doing anything. I put in the wire (thinner than fishline type thing) and its certainly long enough (I tried a shorter one too) but nothing! I just upgraded today to a 2600+ mobile barton 1.45 v version. Anyone having trouble like this?

Despotes said:
Just wanted to confirm another successful wire mod. I just installed an M-XP2600+on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.1.04 and it's doing 15X166 (2.51Ghz) right now at 1.7volts.
Thank you------:)

Hello, i am right from Germany and so pls. do not laugh about my bad english! :D

Current Situation:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 1.04
I just get XP Mobile 2600+, which normally have 14,5x133FSB!
But i could not set Multiplier higher than 12,5, even i have 14,15,16 and so on in my bios! I got the latest official Bios, 1.008 from Asus!

What should i do to getting higher multipliers than 12,5? Must i use the wire method, which is seen on startpost?
Pls answer quickly and hot, summer greetz from good old Germany!

Thank you very much!

Futura

Back