• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solution: Mobile Barton 2500+ and 13x multiplier and above

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you still having trouble? I have it on my A7N8X deluxe and it worked from the first try. I just got a strand of wire from an old IDE cable I had laying around, because they are very very thin. I think the one I used was about an eighth of an inch long.

All I can recommend is to try something like that, and remember that the picture in the first post is looking at the socket and not the processor, in case that was perhaps causing a problem. The first time I booted my computer with the wire mod in, my BIOS automatically changed the multiplier to the processors default of 14 now that the multiplier was available, and I was able to change my multiplier to anything above 13.

Good luck, and if you still have no luck have no fear, some of the people on this board are just downright incredible with their knowledge about this stuff, so just keep searching and posting and they'll be able to help you out.

Its still a problem and i was using sometinhg from a speaker wire but let me try the whole IDE cable thjing. you may be one to something. thanks man!

Yay! It doesn't work! I used it form an IDE cable I know works and BOOM! no worky.

So i've attached an image of where, roughly, I am placing it. I think i am following the instructions properly but i really don;t know as its not working. Iv'e tried diffeent lengths nad tpyes of wire but they all don't work.
mrdiagram.jpg

:clap:

Just did the mod here on my Asus A7N8X, flawless jump to 25X100fsb. (oops forgot to set bios but since the CPU was out FSB defaulted to 100)

Anyways, working now @ 13X200 for 2605.9mhz 1.71v Core.

Idle temps are 44c, about to do some serious burn in, AKA Doom3.

From reading the thread over I have to say dont panic or go overboard with worries about the type of wire or insulating it, just grap a strand of wire about a 16th long, make a U, stuff it in and slap the CPU on top.

The only difficulty is making sure you get the right holes and trying to do it on 6 cups of coffee, if you think your wire is going to touch other things or lift your CPU the wire is either too long or too fat, select again.

One tidbit that may help a few folks is that for an Asus nForce2 the picture is upside-down from the actual position...

Try looking at it this way.

socket.jpg

Ohh and keep in mind these are the holes NOT the pins.

Why was i so dumb? I on;t know why for sure. but you helped me... thanks dude, so much. Really. I was doing it wrong. I was distracted though but still. Thank you! 2600mhz and rising.

Thanks to wire mod I've now got my 2500+ Mobile at 2.6ghz and 1.8 volts. Wouldn't post at 2.8, and at 2.7 system locked up while I was Priming for stability. We'll let her run like this for a bit and give it a try during the winter months when I dare to raise my voltage above 1.8.

Many thanks to all who posted here, this trick (while really fiddly to pull off) has enabled me to run my XP2500+ M at high multipliers on my 8rda+ to great overclocking effect.

Many thanks again

--Jakk

Really cool guys. Success. A7N8X-E Deluxe with AthlonXP-M 2600. Am running at 2133 16X multiplier and PC-2100 crucial. The Corsair PC-3200 will be here Tuesday. Thanks to all.

nitecrawler2 :cool:

wow this is exactly what i've been looking for!!

the only thing is that i'm still confused about 2 things.

1. does it just have be a single peice of connected wire surrounding the 2 socket holes because i saw some sort of other picture where it was a single strip of non connected wire in a U shape where it seemed like it would connect 3 pins.

2. i'm also uncertain on which way is right side up for me. i'm on a asus A7N8X deluxe board so could somebody who had success with this do me a quick picture in paint so i know which way is right side up

I also have a KT600, My CPU runs stable at 12.5X184, but when i try to go to 13 then it fails... Im running a 2500+ at 2300mhz ON AIR with temps at only 55C... any sugestions how to get higher without the system crashing, by the way i run PC2700 :/

Yeah. Get better cooling. 55 C is pretty high to continue going higher. Are you on stock cooling?

As well, if you are running exactly at 2300 mhz, I assume that you are using an FSB of 200. If so, and you only have PC2700 ram, it'd be best to try and match your FSB to it's highest normal speed. So try using the higher multis at an FSB of 166 mhz fsb.

Will this also work with a 2600 Mobile and EPoX 8RDA3+ Board? I cannot get anything above 12.5x right now either :(

Thanks.

Edit: GravY, I just noticed you got a EPoX as well, so it should be okay as long as it works the same with 2600's :)

JPetrillo said:
Will this also work with a 2600 Mobile and EPoX 8RDA3+ Board? I cannot get anything above 12.5x right now either :(

Thanks.

Edit: GravY, I just noticed you got a EPoX as well, so it should be okay as long as it works the same with 2600's :)

I would wager a bet that it would work on your Epox board as well.

No, it didnt work :mad:

No matter what I had it set to in the BIOS it would make it 100*14x and nothing else... I tried setting it to 12.5*200 and still gave me 14*100, I tried setting it to 13*180 and still it gave me 14*100... I tired so many different settings, but no matter what I did it would only give me 14*100 grrrr

Back