• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Solved!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is an integrated GPU in the 2500.

You don't need a discrete card to start the PC. If you reset the bios, it should default to the iGPU and you can plkug your monitor on the HDMI or VGA plug on the motherboard directly.

This. Connect the monitor to the motherboard's video port. If you are able to startup and have video then the problem is not with the computer but with the video card or with drivers. But before you take the computer home, ask the technician to install the new video card in another computer to see if the card works at all.

Good news, apparently i plugged both the 6 pin and 8 pin and the fans started to spin. That "technician" was indeed not that good....

And now i have image...

I will install the drivers and give you guys some feedback in a couple of min's..

Was the technician some high school kid doing this as a part time job who imagines himself/herself a geek? I see a lot of that.

Good news, apparently i plugged both the 6 pin and 8 pin and the fans started to spin. That "technician" was indeed not that good....

And now i have image...

I will install the drivers and give you guys some feedback in a couple of min's..

Call him and tell him you made it work in what? 15 minutes? Lol! I am with Trents on this one :p

And now i have image...

Yes, it would require both power feeds from the PSU to be plugged in. One or the other won't cut it.

Kids these days are pretty geeky with smart phones because that's what they use all the time. Real computers is another story.

Well, apparently everything is fine now...That "technician" took 1 week to find what the problem was and 3 more days to figure out how to install the GPU properly. Today it took me 1h~ and i never have done anything like this...

He only had plugged the 6 pin in the GPU...this gpu requires x1 6pin and x1 8pin...so since my PSU only brings x2 6+2 pci's...i had to plug one 6+2 in the 8pin.

Now i just hope everthing goes well and holds up. Strange that my Corsair CX750 doesnt bring an 8pin pci...hmm

One last thing, can anyone tell me if my RAM: Kingston PC3-10600 1333Mhz 16GB HyperX Fury Blue CL9 (2x8GB) DDR3 will work on on this MOTHERBOARD MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON SKT 1151 that im thinking on buying.

And i want to say thanks to all of you who helped with my issue, really appreciate it.

No problem at all. If your going to go Z270 let me recommend 3200mhz memory as a starting point fir best performance. It’s the sweet spot. Iirc 2133 is base 2400 is what a lot of stock runners use, but 3200 works great without a lot of effort.

Back