• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some basic Asrock questions and any tips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So why would I not just go ahead and push the chip up to 1.45V to try for 4Ghz? I assume its not going to reduce the lifespan to under 5 years right?

In my opinion No. AMD's stance was up to 1.45V is sustainable for everyday overclocking but could reduce the lifespan of the CPU. That's as close they come to an actual answer. I have a 1600X that boosts to 4.1 and have seen the voltage jump up to 1.5V at times this is running stock so take that for what it's worth.

In my opinion No. AMD's stance was up to 1.45V is sustainable for everyday overclocking but could reduce the lifespan of the CPU. That's as close they come to an actual answer. I have a 1600X that boosts to 4.1 and have seen the voltage jump up to 1.5V at times this is running stock so take that for what it's worth.

Johan,
Thanks. I just feel its a bit wasted to have such a beast of an air cooler if its not even getting challenged. LOL.

Johan,
Thanks. I just feel its a bit wasted to have such a beast of an air cooler if its not even getting challenged. LOL.

I good beast of an air cooler is never wasted. It will step up and do it's job when it needs to ;) It's better to have one and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Back