• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-94 or SLK-947U?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dude spread ac3 over the entire the base of the heatsink. get the sp94 much better than my zalman 7000cu. i would take my heatspreader off too if i wasnt so chicken. besides i hav no clue how to anyways

situman; do you run the SP-94 at present time?? How does it look?
Got 1 coming Mon. Hope its as good as they say.Let me know!!:cool:What type fan setup??Any shroud??:D

Last edited:
I have the 947, great heat sink. It doesn't have any heat pipes. I bolted it through the board. I think this is the best way to use it. From every thing that I've read the sp-94 is about 1C cooler that the 947.

BTW, I don't use a heat spreader and the installation instructions don't call for one. Just becareful when you bolt in down and alternate tightning the screws.

situman said:
dude spread ac3 over the entire the base of the heatsink

why would you wanna do that? You just need ac3 on the cpu then attatch the heatsink onto it. why use ac3 on the heatsink were it's not touching the cpu..sounds stupid to me.

and then just sppreadd that creamy as3 stuff all over her boobs and thighs tooo right?

umm no, thats not cool... don't do it man... its not the end, yet...

oh wait what am i talking about *splashes water on face*

anyways archilochus, how sensitive to noise are ya? (for the fan)

cause if you're not then go vantec tornado, but if you are go papst and/or panaflo and/or tmd 80mm

fafnir said:
and then just sppreadd that creamy as3 stuff all over her boobs and thighs tooo right?

umm no, thats not cool... don't do it man... its not the end, yet...

oh wait what am i talking about *splashes water on face*

I hear ya bro ;)

spreading ac3 all over the base will help conduct heat to the entire base of the heatsink therefore acting as a much better "heatspreader." so think before u throw out any comments. i use the enermax 9cm adjustable at full speed. great airflow minimal noise. only about 10c above system temp at full load. so watever ur system temp is add 10c. im running 44c at full load. overclocked @3.4gig

copper = ~400 w/k or something like it

as3 = ~ 7 w/k or something like it

i dunno about heat conduction but serious maybe i'll get back to the lap dance story or somthing...

ur numbers would be relevant if the heatsink is made out of AC3. i said to use it to ACT as a "heatspreader." and to HELP wit conducting the heat better

no he is saying that the copper transfers heat better, so more as3 would be worse compared to the copper base... so no the numbers aren't useless. and the as3 should only be where the cpu touches the heatsink, not covering the whole base.

situman said:
spreading ac3 all over the base will help conduct heat to the entire base of the heatsink therefore acting as a much better "heatspreader." so think before u throw out any comments.

I would only spread as3 where it touches the cpu, I don't see why you would benefit from spreading all over the heatsink base.

Where have you gotten that idea from?

Just received my new SP-94.It's Clean as a whistle and shiny as a new penny. No green JUNK.I put my 92mm fan on the HSF and the fan hub is about a 1/4" from the fins on the HSF.Only shroud I know of is to use the outer frame of an old fan.Think the 38mm.thick shroud might be best.I will have to test the diff. setups to see which gives the best CPU temps.I will have to get my Mobo back from RMA 1st. Mobo was DOA. Bad SATA connecter on Mobo.:temper:

Last edited:
or does anyone kno of an adapter. i definitely want better cooling but without extra noise

Thought::: The tests in the heat sink roundup-reviews- used a 80mm delta fan.Seems that a 92mm to 80mm adapter would be the way to go.?. These setups will have to be tested individualy.
Situman; Do you have or are you getting the SP-94?I forget.

Back