• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-94 or SLK-947U?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have the sp94 with the 92mm enermax adjustable, it never goes above 10c abover board temp which is awesome but want a little more.

According to the fan specs the Enermax will only do 52.5CFM.
To get higher CFM you would have to go to a Vantec tornado @
119 CFM or maybe the Delta @ 110 CFM With controller of course.:D The test in the review was done w/Delta 80x38mm @68CFM to get the top rating in the review.:cool: Note the 38mm deminsion is a thicker fan frame.

Last edited:
Could you explain what that shroud thing is... it says that some fans have a 38mm "shroud", what is that?
Are you saying that the Tornado is just as good as the Delta basically?

The higher CFM fans have a thicker frame to get the fan hub further back from the HS.This is supposed to help eliminate the dead spot in front of the hub.NO air! The lower CFM fan bodies (frame) ARE 25mm.The fans are about the same the Delta costing more.The Delta uses 1.0amps@4800 RPM-110 CFM@55dBA
Vantec Tornado uses 1.0amps@4800 RPM-119 CFM@56dBA
Both have the 38mm frame.Also helps with the noise some what.
Hope this info helps.:D The tornado uses same Amps and gets more CFM.@the same RPM as the Delta:cool:

Last edited:
i had a delta back in the AMD days, no more i cant even hear myself think. as long as ur cpu isnt smoking theres really no need for such high rpm fans

archilochus said:
The higher CFM fans have a thicker frame to get the fan hub further back from the HS.This is supposed to help eliminate the dead spot in front of the hub.NO air! The lower CFM fan bodies (frame) ARE 25mm.The fans are about the same the Delta costing more.The Delta uses 1.5amps@4800 RPM-110 CFM@55dBA
Vantec Tornado uses 1.0amps@4800 RPM-119 CFM@56dBA
Both have the 38mm frame.Also helps with the noise some what.
Hope this info helps.:D Yes the tornado uses less Amps and gets more CFM.@the same RPM as the Delta:cool:
Sorry but i got another question :p
What are Amps?
And what does CFM stand for? (it represents how strong the fan is in the way of how much air it moves or something right?)

Amps are a indication of the amount of power a electrical device uses. CFM stands for Cubic Feet per Minute.As in how much air volume the fan produces per minute.Watts are also another indicater of power used by a electrical powered device.Look up OHMS LAW in the encyclapedia,for a more accurate description.Hope this helps:D

great thx :)
So in summary, after reading this thread, we are pretty much all agreeing that sp-94 + tornado 92mm is the way to go for best cooling and stuff right?

besides just because u hav a powerful cpu fan but poor case ventilation doesnt really help much, the best way is to have efficient air flow inside ur case. i can lower my cpu temps just by lowering my case temps if i can find a way to

yeah i cant be bothered lol, right now my case is pure crap with pure crap fans that are like no-name with color and stuff and i still get like 30ish degrees (mobo temp)... at worse ill just open the case and kick the ***** out of it if it's too loud :) always works since it likes breaks a fan and then makes less noise :)

Last edited:
The tornado is one of the most powerful fans out there, but unless you like the sound of a hairdryer, it'll probably drive you insane. At the very least get a rheobus or some kind of way to control your fan speed. If you want to get a fan that is pretty quiet but still moves a good amount of air, you might try a Panaflo 92mm. I have that on my SP-94 and my temps are in the low 40's under full load at 1.6 volts on a 2.4c.

Substatus;Which Model # Panoflo 92mm ??
Panaflo#FBA-09A12H--2850 rpm@ 57cfm w/35dBA
Is this the fan you are running on your SP-94.:cool:
Or is it Panaflo#FBA09A12U--3450 rpm@ 68.8cfm
w/43dBA????? The H model is HIGH output
The U model is Extreme output
I'd like to know which you are currantly running.:D

Last edited:
if u want even lower noise wit the same performance try the enermax u wont regret it

92mm adjustable that is. lowe 40's at 1.65v on my 2.6c ofcourse my heatsink is situated so the heatpipes are parallel to the floor on my p4c800 deluxe

Situman;What type of case do you have that allows you to have the SP-94 parrallel with the floor.Is your Emermax the #UC-9FAB?
92x92x25mm? Speed control fan by Enermax?

yes thats the fan and i have a lian li midtower case. its more about the mobo and its socket orientation than anything else. wish this thing came out earlier woudl have saved money on the zalman ahhhaha

The Enermax has a two wire tail w/adjustable knob switch.
The panaflo does NOT.It would have to be hooked to a controller.:D In fact the Panaflo Has NO plug on the wires!!:eek:

Back