• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp-97 Now Avaliable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually i dont have too many problems with availability, only thing i can think of are swiftech heatsinks. heatsinks are much more expensive here, but i think other hardware prices are comparable.

ok, just checked some prices at newegg. general hardware prices are also lower, but the difference is not as big as if you look at heatsinks.

FANMAN,
My rig - P4 1.6A Northy @ 2.24GHz with a Vantec Aeroflow & TMD Fan. Temps run from about 39°C Idle to Max of around 48°-50°C At full load.

My wife's rig - AMD 1600+ Pally @ 1.6GHz with Thermalright SK7 & 50CFM fan. Never been over 40°C.
You can see why I think Thermalright is good.
Also Thanx for the good word.
-Dave

Two nice looking rigs,there Baltoos.It looks like the SP-97 is becoming available at more places now.It takes a little time.
THE FANMAN:cool:

took a long time, but finally my sp97 arrived yesterday!:cool:
my first thermalright cooler and i like it very much so far. the base finish is not the best i have seen, but it should be sufficient.
im going to do a little bit of testing tomorrow and will see how it compares to my old and trusty alpha8045.

This is one very expensive heatsink. I'm wondering about how much longer before other retailers stock it for some competitive prices...? From heatsinkfactory, my total comes out to $67.03. That's currently a little too much for me since I'm also going to grab an SLK-800 for my brother. If anyone finds it at another retailer, please post the info.

Np's I'll just keep looking around till it comes out over here, Cos i really am wanting this one !!

M4D, Have you checked into getting the SP-97 from Germany? I think Vrykyl may have ordered one from there to the UK.You might PM him and ask! The subject is discussed above. THE FANMAN:cool:

well, GameFAQsRollo, www.jab-tech.com has them for $49 plus about $6 shipping. thats the price of heatsinkfactories sp-97, but at jab-tech, thats shipped!

I can help anyone in the UK who wants to order from that German site. I speak german and I can help you out. Just send me a PM here on the forums, and we can discuss how to contact each other from there.

well, my temps are a little wierd and i havent figured out whats causing it yet.
when i fire up my comp the first time a day i get temps like 24°c idle and 27°c under load. temps are constant even if run prime for an hour or longer.
but once i restart my computer temps are like 35°c idle and 39°C load!????
I have a barton 2500+ AQXEA @ 200*11 [email protected] and a NF7-S
TIM is arcticsilver ceramique

EDIT: roomtemperature is about 20°C

SP-97 In Uk Available Here !!

Ok guys the info we have all been waiting for !!

The SP-97 is available right SP-97 HERE !!

Happy Shopping !!

Good eye there JABTEC ..Take note ppl,that link says one thing and shows a different thing..M4D have you ordered one from there yet? THE FANMAN:cool:

I have almost the same set-up as you. 35C idle and 40C load sounds reasonable from a couple of reviews I've read. If I raised the Vcore to 1.8V, it will idle around 39C and 46C load.

Now I am temped to slap a Panaflo L1A 80mm to see what it will do.

dukat said:
well, my temps are a little wierd and i havent figured out whats causing it yet.
when i fire up my comp the first time a day i get temps like 24°c idle and 27°c under load. temps are constant even if run prime for an hour or longer.
but once i restart my computer temps are like 35°c idle and 39°C load!????
I have a barton 2500+ AQXEA @ 200*11 [email protected] and a NF7-S
TIM is arcticsilver ceramique

EDIT: roomtemperature is about 20°C

Back