• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp-97 Now Avaliable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dukat, Have your temps stabalized.I mean,as far as the reboot thing.That is refered to as thermal cycling. 200 hours is required for AS-5 to level out. I'm not sure if there is a cool down time,but IMOG just posted the AS 5 instructions in a thread here in cooling.
THE FANMAN:cool:

THREAD LINK

Nope not ordered one yet, Lol im a little strapped for cash atm :(

But i'll report as soon as i get one ordered/Delivered :)

Oh and one more thing, They have corrected the spec now on
the website, It looks like they didnt even know it was wrong
until earlier, But it's still not available yet :( !!

jabtek said:

You should email them first to make sure its an Sp-97 because the description is of an SP-94

http://www.thecoolingshop.co.uk/tcs/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=758

Last edited:
hmmm, i didnt know you should let the pc cool down from time to time...i guess i'll shut this HP off now and when i wake up in 3 hours i'll turn it back on so it can fold all day while im at school....pfft, school sucks :( ....im gona be thinking about my parts coming in all day today, its gona make the day seem like a week....tonight the building begins! thanks for showing me that Arch, otherwise i wouldnt have known to let it cool down from time to time.

the sucky part is i dont have the desk i want...i have a friend (who is about 30) and lives down the street...they recently had a baby and live in the same style house as i, a 3 bedroom ranch. they have the computer in one bedroom with a bed and a dresser, they sleep in the master and have the baby in the other room, they want to get a smaller desk to put in the living room for the computer, and make the 3rd bedroom that the computer room was in a play room. so they're looking to get rid of the massive desk they have...which is perfect cuz i like big desks with lots of room...so im gona buy it off him next weekend for $100...they bought it for $350 and its in good condition...so my computer desk is gona be a card table for 5 days...LOL :p

sorry for the thread jack....the first part was somewhat on topic with the AS5 and all, but the second part was not.

archilochus, i use ceramique and its applied for about a week now, but the problem keeps the same. right after a reboot the cpu temperature shows an increase of 10°C. I dont think its hardware problem, maybe its a bios problem!?
besides the higher readings (32/38) are much more realistic.

I have to agree with you on the (32/38) temps.You think you could put some info in your sig, please.THE FANMAN:cool:

Thank You,Now if we could get everyone to do that it would make helping alot easier.Now I can see all the nice components you have. THE FANMAN:cool:

just got on of these "works of art" on friday and installed it over the weekend. here's what i think:

all went well with the install (came with instructions) untill the 4th screw/spring cross threaded...it just HAD to be the last one...into the standoff. good thing they sent 1 extra of everything. but as of now i havent remounted it. still getting low 30's with a semi OCed 2600 and 80% of the mounting preasure.

i got a 80mm SF II and did a little duct mod...i took an old 80mm case fan (thinner than the SF II) and cut out the fan. leaving me a duct. took the 92mm fan mounting spring wires and a twist tie and mounted the fan+duct to the HS. works great.

IF you cant picture how thats done....and ask nicely, ill try to post a pic. (where's a good pic hosting sight these days?)

I was trying to decide whether or not to get an 80mm fan or a 92mm fan. I think I'm going to get a 92mm and use your setup Joe. I'll have 2 80mm fans (one on my stock heatsink now and one from my old comp) that I could hollow out. I wish I had a cutting tool cause after I get my SP-97, I'll have two unused heatsinks. I could make me some nice mosfet and chipset heatsinks.

FrailBlazer a hacksaw and a mitter box work good to cut old HS's up with. Aluminum and copper are pretty soft. Nice duct (shroud)
JOE CAMEL. I made one with a 92mm fan body and one like Voodoomelon's.I'm currently running the Voodoo version.Full Load
Folding and running Pr-95 torture =100% CPU** Temp 33° C..Ambient 68° F...Case temp 69° F....THE FANMAN:cool:

archilochus said:
FrailBlazer a hacksaw and a mitter box work good to cut old HS's up with. Aluminum and copper are pretty soft. Nice duct (shroud)

Hey arch, you think I could cut the heatsink with just a saw while being VERY CAREFUL not to shred off my fingers? lol

Or would this miter box with included saw do:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00936331000

?

btw, how many and what fans are you using in that Xaser box? I'm planning on picking one up if the included fans are good enough

The only thing that might be a prob with the saw setup you show,is it will probably dull the saw blade.A regular hacksaw and cheap mitter box would be better IMHO. The fans in the Xaser III are fair,but better if you remove the fan grids.I just upgraded to 92mm fans except for the top blow hole.I'll do it next.I would get a full tower case that supports 120mm fans if I were you.I have 5 case fans now.It comes with 7. The 92mm's are NMB fans.The SP-94 has a 92mm Panaflo U1A on it. THE FANMAN:cool:

Ok thanks. I'll look around the neighbor for them.

And I guess I got more searching around to do for a good case.

Don't get me wrong I like my case.But I wouln't nessacerily recommend it to anyone.I have found most of the flaws in its designs.It cooled good,but I don't settle for good when I can make it better. THE FANMAN:cool:

Welp, just ordered a SP97 and Panaflo 92mm from JabTech (to my surprise they're right upstate NY and I'm in NYC, only 2 hours distance). Should be here by Thursday. Will purchase some sandpaper tomorrow. Now I'm bout to order an X-Alien with a Vantec Nexus Fan Controller, both from NewEgg.

Last edited:
Back