• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp-97 Now Avaliable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok. Just got mine today :D :D. They weren't kidding when they said this thing is heavy(I can tell I won't need to apply ANY downward pressure while lapping). The base still has visible curved machine marks that I feel as I run my fingernail across. Gotta buy some sand paper tomorrow and begin the lap dance(unfortunately not the GOOD one to waste a Friday night on). Gonna follow OC Clubs guide (http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/heatsinklappingguide.php).

Wish I had a digital cam. Will see if I can borrow one from a neighbor I hardly speak to lol.

Vrykyl & M4D isn't there a way to get a supplier to order some of the SP-97's ,if a bunch of you get together and ask them.I know you are in the UK not Antarctica. :D Seems like someone there would import it.Just a thought. I hate to see you guys go with out
the SP-97 HS. THE FANMAN:cool:

Ahh i don't mind a little wait really.
It's just a matter of time before we get our hands on em :)
And if it starts getting to me too much i'll do what you say lol
but until then i'll survive :)

I am sure someone will bring them to the UK.. I know one person has one already (I sent it).

Consider buying in America as the exchange rate right now is greatly in your favor with the very weak $$$ :)

Vrykyl & M4D ,The Jab-Tech Guy is here.Check them out and see what the options might be.If not for you ,for others there.HI,John
THE FANMAN:cool:

I think he sent a SP-94 to RITALIN in Israel !!

archilochus said:
Vrykyl & M4D ,The Jab-Tech Guy is here.Check them out and see what the options might be.If not for you ,for others there.HI,John

I think he sent a SP-94 to RITALIN in Israel !!

Yes RITALIN is running one of my SP - 94's Israel is also a big market for me, probably like 15% of all sales go to Israel (from what I understand everything is expensive). As for UK, one pound = $1.80 SP - 97 = $49 + about $21 Global priority. (So overall cost to get one to the uk is going to be in the 40 pound region, can be cheaper if you want slower shipping...

Just to give you an idea of global priority, shipped an SP97 and Panaflo on Monday and It arrived in UK on Thursday :)

I am also an Ex-Pat and from Yorkshire... Next time thermalright release something over here 6 weeks before UK I am going to send a box of them to my Mom (mum for the uk folks) and have her ship them :-Þ

HI FANMAN

Keep up the good work.I hear a lot of good things about you.
I guess its a matter of supply and demand,with compatition mixed in.We have more consumers of OC components by %.

Phew. 5 hours later, after all that lapping and the hecticness of trying to get the heatsink on and everything back together, I've returned to post my results with a 92mm H1A Panaflo and Ceramique.

Idle (10 mins of non use): 25c

That's down 13c from my stock setup. Now I gotta add that it's currently freezing in my room(heater problem in the basement). Once the temperature goes back up to where it was a 3 days ago, I can make more accurate comparisons.

I should've really ordered my new case earlier, gonna hate going through that long *** dismantle, rebuild process again next week.

Edit, now that it's freezing, I wanna see how fast I can push this mofo.

archilochus said:
Frail,You get that heater fixed yet.We want some temp readings.

Yup :D. Here're my results with an ambient temp of 15-20c, open case temp of 22c. Barton 2500+ running @ 2403, 218.5x11 1.8vs.

Idle for 10 mins: 31c
Prime95(in place large FFT's) loaded for 30 mins: 44c.
Idle for 10 mins immediately after fully loaded: back to 31c

A faster fan should keep the loaded temp down but I'm not ready for the noise factor that accompanies them. I'll report updated results whenever the hell my 6 fan case gets here(ordering with a money order sucks).

btw, the stock hs and fan had my idle at 40c and temp with Madden 2004 was 52c. I didn't even dare run prime with it on.

Last edited:
Looking good Dood.Now you have the major investment the HS behind you.Done deal..You can try diff. fans after you get your case flow setup.When the TIM does its thing after 200 hrs of thermal cycling,your temps should drop even more.Chilly<^>

jabtek said:

Yes RITALIN is running one of my SP - 94's Israel is also a big market for me, probably like 15% of all sales go to Israel (from what I understand everything is expensive). As for UK, one pound = $1.80 SP - 97 = $49 + about $21 Global priority. (So overall cost to get one to the uk is going to be in the 40 pound region, can be cheaper if you want slower shipping...

Just to give you an idea of global priority, shipped an SP97 and Panaflo on Monday and It arrived in UK on Thursday :)

I am also an Ex-Pat and from Yorkshire... Next time thermalright release something over here 6 weeks before UK I am going to send a box of them to my Mom (mum for the uk folks) and have her ship them :-Þ

HI FANMAN
I am running one and it ROCKS!
John is a great guy!
Making business with him was a pleasure :)

john is indeed a great guy and a brilliant trader!! hes helped me get the panaflos and x-blowers i wanted that arent available in the uk! and even with shipping it was cheaper than trying to buy the lesser equivalent over here! if id known how great jabtech is id have got an sp97 from him instead of my 947u!! oh well...

Tornado Guy

Back