• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spdif header - ECS DA061L-3D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kalger

Hey guys, new to the forum. I want to connect a tv to my computer through my vid cards hdmi port but my m/b doesn't have an spdif header on it. Is there any way I can alter a speaker jack wire to connect to the spdif pins on my vid card? I already have the hdmi cable installed through the walls of the house (the tv is about 50ft from the computer) and its too late to put an optical cable in. It would be great if I could have the sound and video on the one hdmi cable. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey kalger, :welcome: to OCForums :)

The internal wire is no longer needed, just connect with the HDMI cable, install the video card drivers, then reboot. Now right click on the audio icon in the taskbar and select "Playback Devices". It will pull up a window which will show the output possibilities, just select the HDMI option and "set to default".

If that doesn't work, let us know :thup:

Hey MIA, thanks for the response. I have the latest video drivers installed and the only item in my 'playback devices' list is the realtek high def audio. Per the NVIDIA forums the only way I can get this to work with my vid card (GeForce gts 250) is to have the wire going from the spdif pin on the m/b to the vid card. But my board has no header for this wire to connect to. I think I'm screwed.

DA061L-3D. Just realized this computer has an AMD processor in it so I'm actually in the wrong thread. Oops.

Yes you are in the wrong forum for an AMD board for sure.

In addition that motherboard is a rather plain jane ECS motherboard and there is no SPDIF out on it at all so you cannot use HDMI thru the video card that I can see.

DA061L-3D
Internal

2 * USB 2.0/1.1 headers for 4 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 * 4-pin CPU Fan connector
1 * 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 * 20-pin ATX Power connector
1 * Front Audio header
1 * Front Panel header

NO SPDIF out internally at all. Nor out the rear I/Os either. You need a moe up to date motherboard.

Ahhhh. Didn't realize there was such a cheap alternative. Ordered it. Thanks txus.

Back