• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedfan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nemesis1967

Can anyone please help me, I have dome something really silly with speedfan, I have set the CPU fan speed somehow and now my pc keeps overheating and shuting down.
I have uninstalled speedfan, and installed a new bios, but this is still happening.
How do I reset the fans back to normal?
I have also reset to factory setting in bios, still the fan goes really slow like it has no power.
Can anyone advice a complete noob that has dome something really silly?

Try cleaning the registry with Ccleaner. Don't know if that will help but it's a great little program. So does the fan actually slow down once your OS takes over?

at bootup my fan starts very slow, like a pulse, or just clicks and doesn't turn at all. the only way to get it going is to unplug the PSU then try again.
tried CCleaner, nothing found.
Will try another fan this weekend, but the fan is only 3 months old, and this only happened after messing with SPEEDFAN.

Back