• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(sss-Its not TCCD) Geil TCCD $162 after rebate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i got s/n 1243. What would you guys do in my shoes? send it back? I'm getting an msi neo plat 2. would boost it or get tccd?

So I take it you didn't get TCCD (I don't have the serial number info to refer to)?

The 15% restock fee that the egg would charge, unless the ram is defective, would just about pay for the Booster. I'd just get the booster.

Correct. He got the winbond chips. They look like bh-5 (they have the metal bands).

I called Newegg and asked if I could RMA my ram so I could rebuy it and get the rebate that was on it. That was before I knew I had TCCD. (note: I never RMA'd, I happily kept the ram :santa: ) They waived the restock fee AND I had already opened the ram.

Tresmonos hasn't opened his yet, so if he buys from Newegg again, they may waive his restocking fee. He's going to call and see what's up. I think he'll be getting OCZ TCCD if he can get by the restocking fee.

Bathroom Monkey said:
Correct. He got the winbond chips. They look like bh-5 (they have the metal bands).

I called Newegg and asked if I could RMA my ram so I could rebuy it and get the rebate that was on it. That was before I knew I had TCCD. (note: I never RMA'd, I happily kept the ram :santa: ) They waived the restock fee AND I had already opened the ram.

Tresmonos hasn't opened his yet, so if he buys from Newegg again, they may waive his restocking fee. He's going to call and see what's up. I think he'll be getting OCZ TCCD if he can get by the restocking fee.

The OCZ is good stuff. I have a set myself.

If the egg waves the fee, then yeah, go for the TCCD since that is what he wanted to begin with.

:)

Yeah, that's the plan so far. The both the Geil and the OCZ use the same TCCD chips and brainpower pcb... it'd be interesting to compare the two sets of ram in nearly identical systems. Odds are they'll perform similarly though. I'm sure he'll post something or another about RMA'ing this ram.

Thanks Reefa_Madness for all of your help. You've been really helpful through this whole ram ordeal.

Back