• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Wars Empire at WAR!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The demo was way too short, one space battle and one ground battle! Bah! I want the full game! One time playing through the demo I killed the entire spacestation with just the Millenium Falcon.

soulfly1448 said:
It's about time we get a (hopefully) decent sci-fi RTS game.

you're gonna have to wait 'til supreme commander for that ;)

i don't see anything "great" about this game at all. the space battles are ok but are not really 3 dimensional like it should have been (a la homeworld). probably just more of the same aoe type cookie cutter stuff.

they didnt intend it to be like homeworld, so the space battles are currently how they should be - I believe it just works from 3 tiers which ships can move to, whether dog fighting or passing over each other

ninthebin said:
they didnt intend it to be like homeworld, so the space battles are currently how they should be - I believe it just works from 3 tiers which ships can move to, whether dog fighting or passing over each other

i wasn't saying they meant to make the space battles like homeworld... but they should have done it like that. the space stuff is just like the normal planetary stuff... which is pretty much cookie-cutter copy of aoe3 type gameplay etc.

So has anyone played this yet? How is it?

Also:

1. They using Starforce?

2. I've been reading conflicting info on the patch (good/bad, CD vs. DVD). Any experiences?

FlailBoy said:
So has anyone played this yet? How is it?

Also:

1. They using Starforce?

2. I've been reading conflicting info on the patch (good/bad, CD vs. DVD). Any experiences?

this game doesn't use star force thank god for that

Man more i think about it the more I want it.

Hows the skrimish play like? Do you get to play the whole galaxy type deal where you fight the AI for the whole thing? I saw on there website it was either space or land skrimish and was just wondering.

Try out the demo, there are three areas you can be. Space, Ground, and Galactic. Space is basically the space place where you battle it out with ships and w.e flying things you have. Ground is, you guessed it, ground battle. Galactic sort of like a galactic map a la Rome Total War.

I think i might just buy this game today. I have a 100 dollar gift card. I have nothing to lose....

this game is extremely fun
thats my own personal preference though

either you like it or you hate it
but really who wouldnt want to recreate battle against the DeathStar and watch as Luke Dies and you still win...
its a wonderful game and if you liked the Demo you will surely like this...

yeah
im waiting for them to fix the multiplayer so i can own on that now =)

ive tried every possible thing on skirmishes on space
not to fond of the land battles although they are still pretty fun

How would you guys rate this game on the levels of some of the best RTS i.e C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, AEIII, etc?

I'm not too big on demos, so I rather go out and buy the game.

Let me know quickly, store closes in 2 hours :)

Back