• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Wars The Force Unleashed - PS3/Xbox360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

Just rented it on PS3. Not done yet, not sure how far in the game I am, but I've played long enough to get a good feel. All I know is I've done a whole lot of killing and electrocuting.

Gameplay: Pretty much like the demo, camera angles are good. Moves are not difficult to perform and using force powers is pretty straight forward. I find it a little tricky to aim force push, sometimes need to screw around until the character faces the right way. The game in intuitive and has check points. Find the bad guys and kill them. Find holocrons and such. Character controls are nice, good feel. The force powers are pretty cool and actualy work quite well once you boost them. The character moves with grace and performs really nice acrobatics.

Storyline; Is very good, but there is too much of a line between the story and the gameplay. Gameplay itself just doesn't seem very imersive. I think the character needs to be more involved in the story and the gameplay and cut scenes need to really emphasize on this. Also, there is the lack of dialog selection which is a big no for me. This definitely takes away frmo the immersion. The cut scenes are awesome and the acting/voices are bang on. The story is well worth the game.

Features; You can select lightsaber color and power crystals. There are no hit points or anything related to your character and how much power is yeilded by the type of crystal you use. There is also a force upgrade menu to upgrade force powers, attributes and combos. They are much more limited than in the KOTOR series.

Graphics; This is where the game shines. The level of realism used here is awesome for a console title. The environment is very interactive and the detail is polished.

Overall experience (up to now);
This game is an adventure title. It funnels you through levels where the story unfolds between them. The game is nice and doesn't require much thinking. Not sure if I would like to buy it yet, I still want to finish playing it first. THe storyline is great and the characters look pretty good for PS3. There is definitely eye candy here for HDTV owners.

I am a very fussy guy when it comes to gaming. The fact that I am still playing it is already enough to say that most people would be satisfied with it. Give it a rent, see what you think!

-D

It's a pretty fun game especially when you go back and play the levels again when you're a lot more powerful. It's a lot less frustrating the second time around and so on. The story was good, but I just wish it had more choices. Overall being a jedi is always sweet. I can't wait until the KOTOR mmo comes out.

It's a pretty fun game especially when you go back and play the levels again when you're a lot more powerful. It's a lot less frustrating the second time around and so on. The story was good, but I just wish it had more choices. Overall being a jedi is always sweet. I can't wait until the KOTOR mmo comes out.

Ya I think it seemed like a rent. I don't know if I'd buy it. The demo was badass though.

KOTOR MMO??! Inform me!

did someone say there is another KOTOR on the books?

i enjoyed force unleashed. ending kinda sucked tho.

Just beat it on the 360. That game was sweet! Wasn't too short at all. Rented it, played the HELL out of it for the rental period and beat it with dark side ending. Not playing through it AGAIN to get the other ending so watched it on YouTube.....

I've played the demo. It's decent, but the controls are lacking to me. They're not as "tight" as God of War. I know that's a vague description, but hopefully someone will know what I mean.

Back