• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steps to overclock my CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Being that it's a Tbred xp2600, running @2.08GHz, it's not unusual to get the extra 200mhz that you've just done if it's with default vcore. If you had to push more volts on to get it to 2.2GHz, then you're closer to max cpu speed. if not, then go onthe FSB and oc to your hearts content, just increase the vcore on step at a time when your cpu fails to bootup into windows.

Okay Vcore i've adjusted to its max i suppose, from 2.13 to 2.2ghz.

Okay now talking about FSB, How do i actually set the values for FSB? Im using Asus A7N8X-D. Thru BIOs again? I dont see any option for it.. except for Vcores. By the way by default my BIOs had been set to 166mhz.... If i increase it, my com wont boot up.
Im using a PC2100 RAM!! Remember!

I didt record down the serials on my processor, L337 M33P.

Read your thread:

c627627 said:
The wisest thing to do is to spend some time reading before you touch anything.

You and I both have PC2100 RAM. That means it'll max out low 150s FSB.

... to conclude you can't be setting your FSB to more than 150ish FSB.

PC2100 usually cannot do higher than that when it's running 100%.

In case you can't find your manual, get it here:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X Deluxe

Advanced Chipset Features is where you set the FSB.

Baby steps JingYou.... Read your mobo manual. Read the guides in this forum. Take your time. Patience will be rewarded later when you're trying to get that last 10 Mhz... Understanding of the whole system and how everything is related to each other will ensure successful and painle$$ overclocking... I spent several weeks in this forum just reading before registering and started asking questions... Good luck and have fun...

Back