• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stock 8350 cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paul7475

The fan - heatsink that comes with the 8350 looks to be pretty beefy from the images that I have seen online. Is it adequate for slight overclocking? If so should I use the thermal paste already applied or remove it and use an aftermarket paste using the pea method? Maybe this should be in the cooling section. Oh well. Any help will be appreciated. This will be my first build.

I would spend an extra $30 and get a CM Hyper212 pro. Also If you haven't bought a mobo yet do some reading. These 8350 won't run properly on an underpowered board,

I would spend an extra $30 and get a CM Hyper212 pro. Also If you haven't bought a mobo yet do some reading. These 8350 won't run properly on an underpowered board,

agreed if your going to do slight overclock just buy a cooler master hyper212 i have 1 sitting in the box as it was my original cpu cooler i had the 8350 up to 4.4 with turbo enabled

You said the absolute gospel of truth there "Johan". NO cooler will fix a wonky board with weak VRM circuit and no ability to disable the new APM.
RGone...

Back