• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange boot time on crosshair formula iv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amluthe

Registered
I'm pretty new to the computer world but I have been having a problem where it takes a lot longer to boot than my old m4a7 asus motherboard I just replaced. Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Try unplugging any unnecessary components one of them is probably having a problem loading so its holding the system. well first i guess is it when your at the windows loading screen or during post?

After I turn on the comp it takes awhile to post something usually 4to 10 seconds

and thats where its slow?try clearing your cmos make sure you have the quick boot option enabled in bios and update your bios and see if any of these will help.

well have you pulled the battery while the jumper is set to clear the cmos and left it like that for about 10 to 20 min? and there are no other issues just the long pause before post?

EDIT: are you talking about before the beep you hit the button than the fans spin up and than theres the beep? because if so thats normal.

Yeah I'm talking about before the check and the post I'm just not used to such an unusual loading time

This board has soo many features on it I'm guessing even with quickboot it still has to run throught and check most of those

im not really sure why either but its a great board so i dont complain plus i never really turn my comp off any ways it pretty much runs 24-7 unless i leave for more than 2 days so it doesn't bother me at all...

I would do that but I'm worried about the supposed nb issue which I don't believe I have I usually idle at 38 to 44 c

its pretty easy to check you will have to pull the board out and just look at it or take a piece of paper and see it it can go underneath the heatsink or not... or you can pull it off and put on some better paste than tighten it down the way you want.

Back