• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange noise from motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What? Something must be lost in translation...

You called XFX, they said its normal, but to call Asus b/c there is a problem with their motherboard? How the did they come up with that?

Look at your avatar... can you see ANYTHING relevant in that picture due to its size? If you want to show us something post the picture here.

I had an ASUS Maximus iii Gene that made what I believe is a similar sound to what you're describing. It had blown one of the power regulators. As others have said, could be a capacitor, could be pretty much anything that handles the electricity. Chances are, though, that it should be covered by warranty if you're still in the time frame.

that just sounds all wrong.

hmmmm this would be a better way, the edit button.

Last edited:
so i started a thread on anohter forum and they said its one of the capacitors are boiling when it dry up it will explode

i will post the link of the other forum in a few min.

You can use the edit button instead of quadruple posting.

Im awfully confused. You just listed a GPU, but the problem is.........where again? We seem to be going back and forth here... :(

Yes..... so why dont you? You are the one that started this thread. Its you who called and has the information. :confused: :thup:

EDIT: Still cant find that edit button ehh? :p

I dont like to click on the edit button

I tought it wasnt allowed to post waht the technician said

I clicked on the dit button now:D

here is what the technician said

[ 8/1/2012 11:13:02 AM] i have a sizzle noise when im playing games

[ 8/1/2012 11:15:02 AM] i have win7 64bit instead of win vista 64bit

[SHAUN_T 8/1/2012 11:15:54 AM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your messages. Where does this noise appear to be coming from in the system exactly? Is it the graphics card? Have you experienced this noise since you first installed the graphics card into your system? Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/1/2012 11:21:54 AM] at side from the fan of the graphic card there is cap. its about a week now that sizzle

[SHAUN_T 8/1/2012 11:25:25 AM] Hi Kevin, thanks for the quick response. So the noise is coming from one of the capacitors on the graphics card? When you say it is a sizzle, is it more of a quiet squealing noise? Does it only ever appear when the graphics card is under load? Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/1/2012 11:27:41 AM] ist when im in the menu of the game, you can hear the sizzle when you open the case

[SHAUN_T 8/1/2012 11:29:30 AM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. Graphics cards can create some noise when they are being used, this is usually a quiet noise, and should not really be clearly audible above other component/system noise and with the side of the case attached. Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/1/2012 11:33:15 AM] sometimes when i set the fans at low speed you can hear the sizzle whitout opening the case, but there is small long beep when the pc is longer then an hour on

[SHAUN_T 8/1/2012 11:39:05 AM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. Im sorry for the confusion here, but what beep are you talking about? When does this sound and what are you doing when it appears? Please provide as much information as possible with regard to the issues, so we can help out as best we can. Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/1/2012 11:43:40 AM] so the sizzle is when im gaming the beeping is when the computer is for long time on

[SHAUN_T 8/1/2012 12:02:21 PM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. Monitor your system temperatures and let us know what you are receiving when idle and under load. Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/1/2012 4:43:50 PM] hi srry for the late response idle=31c under full load=63c

[SHAUN_T 8/2/2012 9:27:45 AM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. The temperature readings in your last message seem fine, so its unlikely they will cause any issues. Where is the beeping sound coming from exactly? Is it your mainboard? Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/2/2012 1:01:12 PM] yes its from my mainbord

[SHAUN_T 8/2/2012 1:08:12 PM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. In that case we recommend contacting your mainboard manufacturer to enquire about this, as they are better equipped to help you out as it is their product. Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/2/2012 3:50:14 PM] So the sizzleing inside the graphic card is normal?
[SHAUN_T 8/2/2012 4:16:42 PM] Hi Kevin, thanks for your message. As I said, graphics cards can create some noise when they are being used, this is usually a quiet noise, and should not really be clearly audible above other component/system noise and with the side of the case attached. Is this the case here? Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 8/6/2012 6:30:36 PM] the sizzling is very "loud" i mean you can hear it very well, i did some research and it seems like a capacitor is boiling and when it drys up it will explode

[ 8/7/2012 9:27:04 AM] the sizzle is getting louder now its now like whistling

[TONY 8/7/2012 12:01:25 PM] Hi, sorry to hear it is becoming louder. Could be an issue with a component or a power issue. If you can, please try alternative mainboard and/or PSU, or test in another hi-spec PC. If this confirms the issue, or you cannot try alternative hardware, please contact your dealer for details on returns, and please keep us informed of your progress. Many Thanks. Tony

Last edited:
Back