• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED streaming video ways?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
im not really sure where this goes but...
for you guys who stream movies and other content to your phones and other pc's what software do you use to stream the content and the end client to play them? does h264 help?
i have always done it by just sharing a folder on my home server over the network and just linking that to my xbmc directories, is there a more efficient way of doing this? i mean this works great but just want to know if there are better ways of doing this.
i mean right now i can stream bd rips (6gb mkv files) through my wireless G connection to my htpc just fine so idk.

im more so just looking to aquire more information on the subject incase i do decide to go with something similar

edit: i mean i have my home server sitting there doing nothing all day lol so this is part of the reason the question has come up :)

Last edited:
at home, apple tv with xbmc on it looking to file server for files.
remotely I can connect to my ds1812+ box using a browser and play the files, or using my iphone/ipad I can stream the files using the ds video app. (even works over 3g)

ok well i got it figured out how to stream it to my phone :D thank you though
ended up getting some file viewer that let me connect to my ftp server and stream it :p workd great

if only mu 1.5mb u/l speed at homr didnt suck :\ guess il have to downscale afterall

Last edited:
Back