• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AsgArd=

Registered
as you can see at my sig i have oc
but when i run prime95 after 4 minutes i get an error
have put the voltage from the cpu 1.560 and still getting errors after 4 mins
ram voltage stock 2.6
anybody here that can help me

When you oced did you do it in steps ?
is 2.5 or 2.4 stable ?

The best advice I can give for now is to read the sticky http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768 and oc each part of your system then put all the parts of the oc ( the cpu the ram the HTT ) together and endup with a nice stable oc . Post any and all questions you have we will help ya get that rig smoking =)

PWatterson said:
What brand is your PSU?
updated sig

and to console
i have oc with systool when i used win xp
and when i got to fsb of 238 i got an error
so 237 was the best stable thing with systool
but systool doesn't work on vista
is systool any good

its just now i started to use prime 95
so the best thing is to do it in steps ?

Oh man, I heard lots of horror stories about OC system thru softwares. Its always thru BIOS my friend, just to be on the safe side.
People OC hardware thru nTune and stuff sometimes ran into deep poo-poo holes.
Careful.
Yes baby steps is the way to go instead of one giant step, this case you will know your last stable step.

That 8800 is probably overloading your 450W PSU, your instability is probably coming from the PSU, being on the lowest level of what those 8800s require.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Like stated above, that BIOS is your best bet to overclock. YOu can find some of the stickies that go over how to overclock step by step. It may take a bit more time, but you will find out what does and does not work.

I would also be willing to bet that that PSU is causing issues, too. What is the amperage on the +12v rail? Also, do you have a digital multimeter you can test your PSU under load with?

ok here's my new oc

cpu.jpg

if i run prime95 for both cores its stable
i get a themp of 70 is that good or bad

C'mon man, 500W with a 8800 >.> If you can afford a 8800 you should get a decent size Psu to fully power the sucker.

Back