• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest? Lowest Power & Coolest running Video Card to for 2560 x 1600 / 1440 LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crashnburn

Suggest? Lowest Power & Coolest running Video Card to for 2560 x 1600 / 1440 LCD

Suggest? Lowest Power & Coolest running Graphics card to drive "ONE" 2560 x 1600 / 2560 x 1440 LCD via Dual DVI & Display Port outputs for Windows & Mac? Gaming not critical. Will be used as eGPU

I just like having the High Resolutions and the added working real estate. I don't really game much and will be using this card to create a DIY ViDock and use the card as an eGPU.

I'd like to keep the Power requirements low and keep the little eGPU setup as Cool running & Noise free as possible.

I will be driving this High Res Big Display setup using some Thinkpads and MacBookPros.

Thoughts/ Suggestions?

PS: I dont even mind buying an older used Card, give that the price will be LOW, but assuming that the power & cooling is as required. I wouldn't mind going for Dual-DVI D output only as well, but if a card with Dual-DVI and Display Port outputs both is available for not a major price difference then would go with that.

EDIT:

Is there something that can drive a ONE Dual-Link DVI-D (2560 x ....) and has low power /heat specs? Even if its an OLDER card? Name it, I'll look around for it NEW or USED?

A bonus if it has Display Port output - Not critical for now.

What kind of a video card (small / compact/ Cool/ Low power) would be able to Power up via Dual-DVI-D ?

I wouldnt mind getting a 30/50 $ Card for low cost/ used for short while.

Last edited:
Back