• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggested compression fittings for 1/2' loops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well if they all are pretty much the same level of hastle
Screw it

Water cooling at first will become a hassle. It gets easier after your first project. You learn the ins and outs. You're going through a learning experience. :salute:

Water cooling at first will become a hassle. It gets easier after your first project. You learn the ins and outs. You're going through a learning experience. :salute:

No I diddnt mean screw the whole thing
Just screw it. To replacing the barbs and junk
Waste of cash and effort

Compression are much better than barbs. If you use metal clamps, the clamps leave the ugly forms in the tubing. Compression fittings don't do that. Compression fitting look much better than barbs with clamps, plain and simple.

It's your choice. 2-3 dollars for barbs or 6-8 dollars or more for compression. Once i went to compression, I'd never use a barb again. I don't care about the cost.

Neither is safer than the other. If you do either wrong, you'll have leaks. Compression fittings do look 100% better and more professional than clamps and barbs.

I do suppose looks are a good point but I'm not making a show PC or anything

Back