• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions On CheaP Gaming Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it isnt that hot where im from,my c2d e7500 usualy idles at 20C.but i am gonna try to oc the **** out of the proc and the gpu.so i think ebay is better.shippin costs only 20 bucks or somethin and maybe i can use a parcel forwarder to combine shipping costs

masterofnocrack; said:
i am gonna try to oc the **** out of the proc and the gpu.so i think ebay is better.shippin costs only 20 bucks or somethin and maybe i can use a parcel forwarder to combine shipping costs

This is why I went to that FM2 board, it'll overclock very well.

Don't forget that there may be customs fees.

dj1992 tell me about the i3
and what if i get an fx 4300 and a 970 chipset mobo(the fm2 mobos cost the same on ebay)

dj1992 tell me about the i3
and what if i get an fx 4300 and a 970 chipset mobo(the fm2 mobos cost the same on ebay) and wat about the i7 920,they go for about 60 bucks,but i couldnt find a cheap x58 mobo!!!!:clap:

will the i3 3240 work on the h61 chipset.cuz the h61 mobos(maybe with a bios upgrade) are immensely cheap

Yes. Its not an AMD FX Hex/Octo which requires really beefy power delivery.

You also a re very limited in overclocking that specific CPU as it does not have an unlocked multiplier and BCLK is only good for a couple of points...you would need a "K" series Intel for heavy overclocking.

Your goals (heavy overclocking) and budget are quite mismatched....

You also a re very limited in overclocking that specific CPU as it does not have an unlocked multiplier and BCLK is only good for a couple of points...you would need a "K" series Intel for heavy overclocking.

This +1, you'll be lucky to get another 100MHz out of the i3, where the AMD chips will most likely gain 1GHz.

crap,im in a predicament now.i3 gives me cheaper processor and extremely cheaper mobo ($50) but the fx or athlon gives me a truck load more of performance at a cost.somebody give me some advice.

ps:i thought messing with BCLK messed up all the other things on the mobo since everything uses a single....thingy

Absolutely right, EarthDog. If the OP want's to overclock the FX 4300, he'll at least require the ASUS M5A97 and the Hyper 212 EVO. But since he does not have the budget, I opted for the i3. The i3 is not overclockable, but at this price point, it's impossible to opt for overclocking. :cry:

crap,im in a predicament now.i3 gives me cheaper processor and extremely cheaper mobo ($50) but the fx or athlon gives me a truck load more of performance at a cost.somebody give me some advice.

ps:i thought messing with BCLK messed up all the other things on the mobo since everything uses a single....thingy

If you go with the i3, DO NOT OVERCLOCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go with the i3, YOU CANT OVERCLOCK.
Fixed.

I just said above, you cannot really overclock with that chip (and you agreed, but then said, 'don't'?). If it has turbo multi's you can lock that in, otherwise, its on to the VERY limited bclk. You CAN do that on the H61 IF the motherboard bios has the options. Again, its not an AMD FX chip. ;)

Dj - please edit your posts to add something instead of double posting. :)

Fixed.

I just said above, you cannot really overclock with that chip. If it has turbo multi's you can lock that in, otherwise, its on to the VERY limited bclk.

Dj - please edit your posts to add something instead of double posting. :)

Last I checked i3 doesn't have turbo. That starts with i5.

will the i3 bottleneck the 750 ti? and will it give me almost butter smooth 60 fps @ 1600x900(after years of below 30 fps,this will be sweet) in modern games at medium settings.If so im good with it and i cant find any other way to make the budget work without that i3.Well I'll just have to stick to OCing the gpu and stuff

Last edited:
Um...crysis 3 , skyrim with lots of mods and enb, gta iv with photorealistic enb,nfs games (from tnfs on dosbox to rivals)farcry,borderlands,dirt,witcher etc to name a few

Haswell based i3 are great for games. i3 4330 3.5GHz is about as fast as 4.5GHz quad AMD. Also all new AMD ( except AM1 ) are acting like 2 core+HT because of module build.
You can't OC i3 but it's enough for almost everything and generates low heat. It also works on every cheaper motherboard.
Re gfx cards, GTX750Ti is pretty good option for the price. You can look for HD7870 or R9 270X on auctions too. When you are using discrete GPU then you can use any cheaper RAM 1600 but best if 8GB.

I was using i3 4330 with GTX780 for some time and I had no issues. I got good offer for the CPU couple of days ago and I sold it but really I haven't seen big difference between i3 and i5 in most games.

Back