• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for superpi without tweaks I think server 2003 is better. but xp is faster when tweaked out

ATMINSIDE / Intel / 4C8T / PiFast / 16.21s
2015-05-24 13_35_04-Greenshot.jpg

ATMINSIDE / Intel / 4C8T / wPrime 1024M / 180.274s x4 = 721.096s
2015-05-24 13_52_35-Greenshot.jpg

UPDATED ATMINSIDE Total = 2864.131

I can get the cpu up to 4.9GHz with HT under ambient water with 1.48V vcore and 2.1V input volts.
I went through about 10x retail 5960x to get this nugget...

Never tried pushing the 5960x in 2D benches except cinebench R15.

Once I get the tweaks and efficiency in place at 4.0GHz I'll give it a go a full speed on water.
Just received a phase changer yesterday locally and never played with one before so I'm looking forward to it.

Definitely get all you can on water before using the phase, don't want you killing a nice chip before you get all the benches submitted!
Have you tried seeing what it'll do at 2 cores no HT for PiFast/SuperPi?

Yes, uncore can be as high as you can manage. The only limit is CPU speed.
That said, I'm submitting at the 4GHz speed because Z97 won't let you exceed CPU speed w/ the CPU Cache speed.

Ugh!
Got slaughtered in GPU PI, I'll have to redo my run with it and see what I can do.
I'll admit I wasn't using my best GPU but all of what I have are older ones so don't expect anything great here vs what some of you are using.

Ugh!
Got slaughtered in GPU PI, I'll have to redo my run with it and see what I can do.
I'll admit I wasn't using my best GPU but all of what I have are older ones so don't expect anything great here vs what some of you are using.

You should be running on the CPU, not the GPU.

The OpenCL 2.0 installer? You have to be running certain AMD GPU's to utilize that.
You can utilize OpenCL 1.2 with any recent GPU though.

you can install an amd driver when an amd card is resident and it will work even after you take the amd gpu out

Back