• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sweet mother of god, New swifty heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love Swiftech.

You might be able to freak out your friends with this one too. Say you dropped your MCX462 on the ground and shoved it back in there with a little force.

pik4chu said:
I bet if you could mod that to water you would be doing pretty well, heh.

Oh godess don't give me ideas.

God I love the look of this thing. I wonder if someone could figure out a way to convert it for using the mounting holes.

Also the website only calls for about 30cfm air. Anyone else wonder how it would perform with a 92mm Tornado :attn:

Wow, by their testing it is as good as the best HS BillA tested (a P4 Thermalright heatpipe, and it out preformes the SLK-900 in his tests as well... too bad he isn't testing for us anymore :/)
Though I think we can rest assured that their tests are good since he now works for them (it is swiftech right?)

and it is priced at 50 bucks, down at the very bottome it has a price.

i payed 45 for my 462+, then i payed 55 for my maze4, now im also buying a innovtek wb. when will it stop? ill have to try to trade my 462+ for this thing someplace:D

RE the remark about making a waterblock out of it- it would not work very well; you need a much thinner base and very short -and preferably copper- pins. The sink has no properties that would make it really optimal for watercooling.

Anyway, I'm sure it will do better than their own older products, but I can't help but feel disbelief about the "research for months" talk. It's just an oversized Swifty, this time crammed with so many pins that they decided to bend them a bit hehe. It's also still the old copper/alu hybrid design that carries no advantages in itself (before anyone says alu lets off heat faster and is thus better: that is a MYTH!).
I'd be interested to see how heatpipe designs evolve... what I've seen so far seemed pretty effective.

FIZZ3 said:
RE the remark about making a waterblock out of it- it would not work very well; you need a much thinner base and very short -and preferably copper- pins. The sink has no properties that would make it really optimal for watercooling.

Anyway, I'm sure it will do better than their own older products, but I can't help but feel disbelief about the "research for months" talk. It's just an oversized Swifty, this time crammed with so many pins that they decided to bend them a bit hehe. It's also still the old copper/alu hybrid design that carries no advantages in itself (before anyone says alu lets off heat faster and is thus better: that is a MYTH!).
I'd be interested to see how heatpipe designs evolve... what I've seen so far seemed pretty effective.

Ya, its just a sifty sink that fits a larger fan, like the differacy btwn an SLK800 and 900. I wonder how much an all copper one would cost and preforme.

looks like the best feature is the 92mm fan

Maybe if it beats the slk-900 by a few C it may be worth it but if its any less than this itl still be a waste of money and thermalright will remain king! :)

Wow, that things looks pretty cool (no pun intended lol). I'm in dire need of a good HS for my AMD (using a volcano 6!!!! :mad: ) so i may try to pick one of these up, but 50 bucks is a bit steep for a 2nd pc i hardly use.

would be worth trying though and i have the swiftech mcx4000 on my p4 and it works great.

looks ok, but i think i will stick with my zalman tnps 7000 cu for my air cooled p4.

FIZZ3 said:

it was more of making a joke, but assuming you used the design but modified to be a good WB. (including all copper, one-piece constr.) I think it would rock for cooling.. and look cool as hell ( no pun). after all, this is a modding site :p

Some of you guys need to find some nerd friends to congregate with and match wits with! Heh, I've got plenty at my school.. Sat. LAN party in fact..

Back