• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try running the bus at 262 for a little extra umph!
Mines on air and runs that quite well for gaming and media converting however its not stable under prime (usually runs 6 or 7 hours without fault). I'm planning on WC-ing my system as well pretty soon so this thread is useful for me since im in the market :D

I could try a lot of different things seeing how I'm @ 250 x 12 right now. My RAm is pretty close to maxed out I'd say(DDR400@DDR500), and I'd really rather not use a divider. I doub't I'll get 267x12 = 3204..........I'll give it a shot though. Not even sure I can give the CPU more voltage, but I'm definitely going to try. I'll let you know how it goes with the Swiftech.

EDIT: This memory actually does at least 259MHz(that's as high as I tested with memtest so far), but the cpu won't do it...it fails L1 test in s&m. I need to give it more voltage, but maybe cooling it down even more with water will gain me something. I can only hope.

Last edited:
i got my swiftech kit installed today, but something isn't right. my temps are higher than with air cooling.

idle and load temps are up quite a bit. hottest core @ idle is 45c vs 41c on air. with my Xigmatek 964 i wouldnt see no more than 70c running prime 95, and now i'm getting load temps of 77c.

i reseated the block but it looked good when i pulled it. changes hoses around, now my config is, pump - rad - cpu block- res - pump.

im beside myself i cant think of what might be going on! i should be getting a lot better temps ... any idea's?

I'm just unpacking the box and beginning to plan the installation. Sounds like you have it hooked up right. Is the radiator mounted with the water inlet and outlet at the top? Make sure there is no air in the system. I don't know what else to suggest. If I have similar results, I'll be selling mine.:fight:
EDIT: I assume you took the time to read the instructions and stuff.

EDIT: how about a couple pictures of the installation? That might help.

heres a pic, maybe something will jump out at someone. my load temps are totally out of control now, 80C!!!

url]

i got my swiftech kit installed today, but something isn't right. my temps are higher than with air cooling.

idle and load temps are up quite a bit. hottest core @ idle is 45c vs 41c on air. with my Xigmatek 964 i wouldnt see no more than 70c running prime 95, and now i'm getting load temps of 77c.

i reseated the block but it looked good when i pulled it. changes hoses around, now my config is, pump - rad - cpu block- res - pump.

im beside myself i cant think of what might be going on! i should be getting a lot better temps ... any idea's?

Make sure their are no kinks reducing water flow. What thermal grease are you using? Just use the line method. Apply the thermal paste in a straight line right down the middle to get an even spread. Also make sure it is clamped on evenly. It sounds like to me that the water block is seated well.

did you remove the plastic on the block?

is your power supply blowing air outside your case? and if so are your rad fans pushing or pulling air?

Make sure their are no kinks reducing water flow. What thermal grease are you using? Just use the line method. Apply the thermal paste in a straight line right down the middle to get an even spread. Also make sure it is clamped on evenly. It sounds like to me that the water block is seated well.

i fixed the pic. no kinks. i'm using the arctic ceramic that came with it.

i just dunno. maybe the block is defective, pump isnt up to snuff, rad blockage ... something aint right that's forsure. i feel sick to my stomach lol, ive been wanting water cooling for years and sofar its not working out ;)

did you remove the plastic on the block?

is your power supply blowing air outside your case? and if so are your rad fans pushing or pulling air?

the block is clean. yes my ps is blomwing outside the case and the fans are pushing the air through the rad, same driection as the ps air flow so i cant see that being a huge issue.

You need to mount the radiator other end up with the hoses at the top or it will be hard to keep air out of it.
EDIT: right on page 6 of the manual.
EDIT: and I have had bad luck with arctic silver5 ceramique, someone got it for me once and I hated it. I'll definitely be using some ocz freeze, which has no cure time.
EDIT: look how it's mounted on the computer in the pictures on page 8.

Last edited:
The block needs mounted a specific way in relation to the CPU lock down. Looks wrong to me. Check that.

Check you removed the plastic cover off the CPU block, I have seen it done.

The blob method is just fine. Stick with it.

You sure all the air is out? At 80C I know the pump is working fine.

Close the res and turn the case on it's back, see if you get air.

You need to mount the radiator other end up with the hoses at the top or it will be hard to keep air out of it.
EDIT: right on page 6 of the manual.
EDIT: and I have had bad luck with arctic silver5 ceramique, someone got it for me once and I hated it. I'll definitely be using some ocz freeze, which has no cure time.
EDIT: look how it's mounted on the computer in the pictures on page 8.

the arctic ceramic worked great for my xigmatek heatsink, good temps.

i didnt read it good enough, kinda went by the pic. but sure enough the hose should be on top. going to rectify that asap :)

The block needs mounted a specific way in relation to the CPU lock down. Looks wrong to me. Check that.

Check you removed the plastic cover off the CPU block, I have seen it done.

The blob method is just fine. Stick with it.

You sure all the air is out? At 80C I know the pump is working fine.

Close the res and turn the case on it's back, see if you get air.
i put it on it's side and i got a ton of air! guess that would be because i have the hoses located on the bottom?

i'm pretty sure theres no plastic on the block. do all the XT's come with plastic? i cleaned it twice now with alchohol, you would think i would notice if it had plastic on it wouldnt you. you got me wondering though ...

i put it on it's side and i got a ton of air! guess that would be because i have the hoses located on the bottom?

i'm pretty sure theres no plastic on the block. do all the XT's come with plastic? i cleaned it twice now with alchohol, you would think i would notice if it had plastic on it wouldnt you. you got me wondering though ...

lol......things should get better.:soda:

the air would have likely been the main cause.

and plastic on it could make a fairly big difference, but i 'm not sure if the XT's ship with a plastic cover.

and yes having the psu blow it's hot air into the rad will hurt temps as you cannot cool below ambient temperatures.

Back