• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Note that "ambient temperatures", in this situation, means the temperature of the air blowing through the rad. ;)

I agree with Spawn, you need to find a better position for the rad than behind the PSU exhaust. I understand it makes it tougher to get to your card plugs but ...

Last edited:
yup, I can just barely plug in my monitor the way I'm putting mine, unless I plugged into the 2nd video card, which I don't know if I can do. I'm going to do the installation tomorrow I think, most of it anyways.

EDIT: serious change of plans....I am most definitely putting mine on the back side cover. I'll drill 2 holes right above the motherboard for the radiator hoses. Should make for a nice short loop, and now I don't have to worry about the hot air from my video cards blowing in the radiator a little bit. And I don't lose any of my exhaust vent in the back now either. Ohhh and I'm not losing access to one of the out jacks on my primary video card. It's going to be so much easier, I can't wait until morning.:bday:

Last edited:
yup, I can just barely plug in my monitor the way I'm putting mine, unless I plugged into the 2nd video card, which I don't know if I can do. I'm going to do the installation tomorrow I think, most of it anyways.

EDIT: serious change of plans....I am most definitely putting mine on the back side cover. I'll drill 2 holes right above the motherboard for the radiator hoses. Should make for a nice short loop, and now I don't have to worry about the hot air from my video cards blowing in the radiator a little bit. And I don't lose any of my exhaust vent in the back now either. Ohhh and I'm not losing access to one of the out jacks on my primary video card. It's going to be so much easier, I can't wait until morning.:bday:
pics please, im not sure what im going to do yet as far as a new location ...

The block needs mounted a specific way in relation to the CPU lock down. Looks wrong to me. Check that.

Check you removed the plastic cover off the CPU block, I have seen it done.

The blob method is just fine. Stick with it.

You sure all the air is out? At 80C I know the pump is working fine.

Close the res and turn the case on it's back, see if you get air.
on the block position, im pretty sure its located right. the manual say line the row of three screws on the block with the locking lever, and i did that. the screws run horizontally as does the locking lever. i'll be moving the rad box today after work, hopefully that does the trick. if not i dont know what to do ...

It's simple, although I haven't quite done it yet :rolleyes: .....just measure and drill 2 holes right above the motherboard where you can fit the hoses through. Looks to me like you have space available right above the RAM, if they won't fit above the cpu. I'll post pics definitely. After I answer the rest of my emails I'm shutting down and taking my computer apart so I can install the radiator.

I made it back with no leaks.....only a couple spills while filling. And it only took me 11 hours with few breaks. I spent at least an hour just managing the psu cables.

Here's a few pictures....as many as they'll let me post. I could put 5 pictures in. Let me look at them and then I can narrate:D
The first one is me testing the system, it's not really hooked to the cpu and as you can see nothing is plugged in. Second we have the hoses poking through their holes which btw, were drilled 13/16", and the hole for the wires was 11/16" I believe. The last three are the finished product.

I ran 1 run of S&M @ 3GHz w/ 1.6v and my max temps were 55/48, which is pretty good, although only 6 degrees cooler on the hotter core. Idle temps are about the same. I may be able to do a better job of seating the water block evenly and with a little less OCZ Freeze on a 2nd try.

I need to find out how much liquid the system is suppose to hold. I only used ~ half of the 33 oz. I made up. If you have any questions I'll be around.

Attachments

• 0429101534.jpg
    0429101534.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 0429101113.jpg
    0429101113.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 997
  • 0429101743.jpg
    0429101743.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 0429101855a.jpg
    0429101855a.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 994
  • 0429101855.jpg
    0429101855.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
looking good man! i just got done flipping my rad around and that made a big diff. now my hottest core running P95 is 54c after half an hour :bday: and my idle temps are great, 30-30-34-35. im very happy now lol ...

i think when im not so busy at work i'm going to do like you did and mount the rad on the side. right now it looks like an abortion, but does what its supposed to! so i can wait for a bit to make it all pretty ...

I made it back with no leaks.....only a couple spills while filling. And it only took me 11 hours with few breaks. I spent at least an hour just managing the psu cables.

Here's a few pictures....as many as they'll let me post. I could put 5 pictures in. Let me look at them and then I can narrate:D
The first one is me testing the system, it's not really hooked to the cpu and as you can see nothing is plugged in. Second we have the hoses poking through their holes which btw, were drilled 13/16", and the hole for the wires was 11/16" I believe. The last three are the finished product.

I ran 1 run of S&M @ 3GHz w/ 1.6v and my max temps were 55/48, which is pretty good, although only 6 degrees cooler on the hotter core. Idle temps are about the same. I may be able to do a better job of seating the water block evenly and with a little less OCZ Freeze on a 2nd try.

I need to find out how much liquid the system is suppose to hold. I only used ~ half of the 33 oz. I made up. If you have any questions I'll be around.
Looks good! :thup:

I wouldn't worry too much about the core temps not being the same. They can be off by as much as 10°C, though they average about half that. My Opty's (I've got three) jump all over the place. My main rig is ~6° like yours, another is 9-10°C, and the file server lucked out at 2-3°C ...

I have another 180 with the same exact stepping as the one I'm using(CCBBE 0615EPMW), and a CCB1E 170 with damaged memory controller so it runs single channel only(I did it de-lidding it). I might set up another rig for the other 180 since I have everything I need. I have to try out the other 180 in this rig though first.

Back