• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System restore on one HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good Day

Ok so i have system restore on for only 2 HDD as you see in the PIC , my main goil is to restore only this HDD if any thing happens to it Because i work and change many things on that HDD

But now when i want to restore it to a Certain time it looks Like it wants to do a full system restore of PC ( witch i dont want )

IS there a way that i can only restore the one HDD i want ????

many thanks

RGone Thank you for your help you are always there giving me the right INFO

and here i was thinking it is better then any full back up program lol

so basically it is only for registry and system files ?? correct

Many thanks

so basically it is only for registry and system files ?? correct

Many thanks

That is exactly what I have been made to understand for years now with windows and SR. If it did otherwise it could not say it left your data alone. And the idea is it leaves your data as is, instead of saying it 'saves' your current data.
RGone...

:thup::D:thup:

Ok so i am doing backups with acronis and i am doing snapshots with Rollback X software

My Question is when to use what ??

Many thanks

I just use Acronis as it has the ability to restore as well. You just need to create a boot disk for it...

I have every thing set up One more Question please I would Like to hear your advice on this ( so My FSX game is on my other SSD and windows in on my PRO SSD ) so i do one back up of C with acronis and one for FSX on the other ssd so lets say FSX my game gets corrupted do i need to restore both C and FSX or only FSX ???

I think i am doing it the wrong way and the hard way But no one has told me other wise

Many thanks

http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50075.aspx
How to create Incremental and differential disk images

That link takes you to a mini-tutorial using Macrium Reflect Imaging software to backup
files in case of some unforeseen failure and loss of data on your normal drives.

I am not suggesting Macrium Reflect (I do use it) but linking that page for a general description of incremental imaging of data for safeguarding and the description of differential imaging.

With imaging ware that is doing an incremental image on a regular basis, it would be all
that is required to keep you data relatively safe and be able to restore your hard drive and
partitions back to working order if a failure occurs.

Wonderful Wonderful this is exactly what i needed to know

Thank you so much SIR

Back