• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats worse than the time i had to clean out a p3 733 to add something (dont remember what anymore), i sprayed it with the canned air. and the cloud of dust was so thick i thought i had the can upside down and some dust but it was all dust. that is disgusting though.

I'm surprised that the build-up of hair and gunk didn't ignite, and cause a fire.

I opened up a friends Dell a while ago to help him install more RAM :))), and we got a surprise similar to this. Not only was the case full of dust, the *entire* computer interior, and all the components, had been smothered in hot glue, making nothing removeable or swappable.

i'm speachless. gonna go out for some fresh air now and try to not puke

felinusz said:
all the components, had been smothered in hot glue, making nothing removeable or swappable.

Micor ( Canadian pc brand) does this to all thier comps.... its REALLY annoying when you have to do an upgrade for someone.

GROSSS

People who smoke around their PC are idiots.

Certain way to ruin it. Sooner or later.
I have seen too many mobos fried by that stinking yellow film that attracts dirt and hair.

JDXNC said:

Micor ( Canadian pc brand) does this to all thier comps.... its REALLY annoying when you have to do an upgrade for someone.

Yeah, I hate it when those Micor's come into the shop. Hot glue everywhere. There's a few more companies that did that in the Montreal area, besides Micor.

one of my sisters friends , her and her husband smoked 1 to 2 cartons of cig's a day , plus they have a dog

she wanted her computer looked at said it was going really slow.
so i open it and the whole case was solid dust i had to take a vacume to it, took over an hour to clean it

OMG!! runaway-runaway! hide-hide!

Did his cat sleep inside the case? That's just disgusting. Imagine what the rest of his house must have been like...?

First thing I do when I work on someones computer is to blow it out. I got one in the other day that had coke dried out inside the case. Amazing the way some people treat their computers. He also had coke stains on the top of the case and dried coke all down the sides and front.

My worst was opening a case and finding a ton of LIVE ROACHES! I immediately took it outside and called to customer to come pick it up :0

infinity9 said:
My worst was opening a case and finding a ton of LIVE ROACHES! I immediately took it outside and called to customer to come pick it up :0

oh my god.... thats just mistreating a computer!

are u sure he didnt have 2 cats and one was walkign around the puter and suddenly dissapeared. that is completely disgusting. thats why i do weekly cleanings

CrystalMethod said:
Even if you smoke there's no reason for that ammount of neglect. I've had client's systems in who don't smoke, and they're just as bad.

While I agree that the neglect is unpardonable, the smoke (as illustrated here and in JDXNC's thread) makes things even worse, as the "stinking yellow film" acts just like glue.

FWIW, as soon as I saw what I was up against, I took the case outside, removed all cards and drives and the HSF, vaccumed it, used a soft bristle brush to clean things out some more, vaccumed it again and only then used compressed air in the tight spots. It took over 2 hours, but no problem, as they will get billed for it ;)

Oh bull. You guys are taking this smoking thing a little far... yes, it's bad for you, yes, it makes your computers dirtier than normal, but come on... it does NOT make your stuff fry. I've got machines sitting right here next to me that have been running for 7 years with me smoking next to them every day and haven't missed a tick.

I'd like to see some proof of this:

I have seen too many mobos fried by that stinking yellow film that attracts dirt and hair.

And this too:

Remember kids, smoking not only kills you...it kills your CPU.

:rolleyes:

Back