• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TbredXP 1700 & Abit NF7 rev2.0 boards = Not Very Friendly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gautam said:
Damn, you rock-em sock-em robots! Can't we all get along? -Homer Simpson

[OC]This: Out of curiosity, have you tried your memory in single channel? It won't be as good for optimal performance, but perhaps it can show us something. There does seem to be a "bandwidth cap" for either single or dual channel on the NF7.
no, my objective is to maintain full Dual Chanel + CPU fast decode for my setup, with higest FSB it could handle within that setup. I always get better performance than most other people with higher FSBs.

Didn't you say I am not worth your time and you continue to post on?? Make up your mind. Personally, you are not worth any of my time. I thought I've told you to stop hijacking my thread. Trolls are not welcome here.

james.miller said:
thats right.. btw, you were talking about trolls, yes?
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198946&perpage=30&pagenumber=1
Remember that? damn that troll who got my thread shut down:rolleyes:
That's what I call someone holding grudge(you). ;)

That was how long ago.. I admit, back then, I was acting a fool. I did do some bad things in the past, but I am not doing that anymore. You are thinking that's the same me as I am now. Enough with holding grudges and move on. I've stoppe doing that not long ago.

am i? you seem to be forgetting one thing......you quoted nearly all my posts. So wether i deleted them or not, my text is still in your quotes.

quick, delete them before everybody knows you are wrong.

Last edited:
i am done with arguing now. I will not respond to any more of bashing/arguing posts. I will respond to the topic related discussion. I'm speaking to everybody.
sad2.gif

Here we go again :rolleyes:

I might just ditch my Asus A7N8X idea and go for the NF7 for the simple reason of testing EVERY possibility and then spitting out concise and clear results for you all to draw your OWN conclusions.

[OC]This said:

You haven't realized how many posts he has deleted his own posts. Of course it would look good for him and make it look bad on me don't you think? Pay attention when you read. It's not good now, because he deleted most of his flaming posts, making me look worse. How clever.

You looked like a jerk before he even made a single post and you looked like a jerk before any of his deleted posts. You still do in my opinion...

[OC]This said:
If you have nothing better to say for the topic related discussion, get the hell out of my thread. Damn troll is not welcome here.

Hey I don't troll I try to add value whenever I post but the thing you need to realize is that this is a discussion forum. The threads are not "owned" by any one person. You post in a public forum to share opinions. You can't start treating people like dirt because they don't post they way you like in "your thread".

Last edited:
It seems the only thing getting overclocked here is a few heartrates and blood pressures.

I suggest everyone who was arguing (right or wrong) just delete your argumentive posts so this once useful thread can go back to being useful again.

There's been more crap slung here in two days than in a well used outhouse :rolleyes:

Edited last line for better visibility:

And please don't respond to this post or it shows you've missed my obvious point.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to learn the art and science of overclocking, open up hitechjb1's profile and search all posts.

They're fine diamonds, gold and money in the bank. Read, digest, learn and cut and paste to a word doc for future referance.

He also demonstrates an excellent example of proper forum behavior for us all.

Audioaficionado said:
It seems the only thing getting overclocked here is a few heartrates and blood pressures.

I suggest everyone who was arguing (right or wrong) just delete your argumentive posts so this once useful thread can go back to being useful again.

There's been more crap slung here in two days than in a well used outhouse :rolleyes:

Edited last line for better visibility:

And please don't respond to this post(except [OC]This) or it shows you've missed my obvious point.
that's better... :D

anyways, I had already reported many of the incidents happened in this thread(the ones with bashing) to the moderators. Therefore I cannot delete my messages that I think ought to be deleted right now. I don't want any confusion and want to ensure the Mods read all posts, starting to the end. I'm going to give approx. 1 day or 12 hours. After that, I will delete the unnecessary posts of mine(the ones with pointless arguments). Some of the posts will stay there for topic related reasons(the arguments in the techical stuff). Cheers. :)

Bengan said:
So you advice me not to buy a 1700+ with a abit nf7 rev2.0? :/ ****... was just about to buy one...
that depends.. Assuming you're providing good RAM, roughly what range of FSBs are you anticipating to run at for everyday use?

It appears to me that this combo is guaranteed to be good up to 230mhz DC or so. It reaches the mid to high 220 range easier than other models, for sure. Others seem to have better luck with the combo, though. Incidentally, [OC]This and Hitechjb1 both have the exact same stepping of 1700+. Some 1700+'s do not need any modding to reach higher front side buses than others. But this only becomes a concern past 230mhz DC.

Gautam said:
It appears to me that this combo is guaranteed to be good up to 230mhz DC or so. It reaches the mid to high 220 range easier than other models, for sure. Others seem to have better luck with the combo, though. Incidentally, [OC]This and Hitechjb1 both have the exact same stepping of 1700+. Some 1700+'s do not need any modding to reach higher front side buses than others. But this only becomes a concern past 230mhz DC.

You probably got your NF7-S rev 2.0 early on. What bios are you using?

It seems you got to 228 MHz, with CPU Interface enable, DC without any mod.

For the newer boards with 1700+, maybe also 2100+ (??), it seems to require older bios (such as bios 10) and FSB_Sense mod to get to 230 MHz level w/ CPU Interface enable. Otherwise it would be only around 215 MHz.

Last edited:
Back