• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Elite Plus 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM Compatibility Issue/Installation Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Scott's CPU came in today and I installed it. I appreciate it again buddy.

Successfully flashed the bios, now I'm ready for the 4350.

I'm not messing with mixing memory until the new cpu gets here. This cpu is only a single core Athlon so it's not worth trying with this thing. Lol, it's been so long since I've been a single core I had forgotten what they were like...

Last edited:
Just keeping the thread alive since the new processor is FINALLY due in today.

Once it is installed then I can get back to the original project with the memory. Hopefully it all works out, if not I will post back the problems I'm having here.

Bent pin 965 came today. It's pretty bad. Got it all straightened to fit socket in about 15 minutes. Unfortunately......2 missing pins. No boot.
Will fix when I have more time. Pins are A3 and H1. Easy to get to.

Well installed the 4350 with no problems although the core voltage and multiplier keep changing in cpu-z. From what I understand this is a power saving feature due to cool 'n quiet or C1E. No big deal, but terribly annoying. My 965 never did this so I'm wondering why the FX chip is just now starting to do it.

Once the processor was installed I plugged in the ram, everything booted up and is working fine. Both bios and windows recognize 16GB dual channel, I'm going to do some stress testing later.

However, the most peculair thing is the weird behavior I'm seeing in games. For instance Final Fantasy XIII-2 used to micro-stutter or hitch and now it runs smooth, but when the game loads the camera won't stop spinning around the character. Syndicate also runs smooth, but now the game command tooltips is now set for an xbox controller. It still recognizes keyboard and mouse, but now instead of saying "Press F to activate" it now says "Press X to activate". Far Cry 4 still hitches or whatever despite having a faster processor and more ram.

Is this weird behavior due to installing the games under one processor and now running under a different one? Due I need to uninstall/reinstall them?

Your game issues are not related to your CPU change. It's software related. Re-install them.

Back