• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tee fitting/Ball valve solution for the alum. EK Fluid Gaming A240 kit? (Pic!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Hi all! So i recently helped my brother with his EK Fluid Gaming aluminum A240 kit. For ease of maintenance, i was wondering if there was a way to get a ball valve or tee fitting or something to help drain it when maintenance time comes around. EK confirmed they will not be releasing any kind of drain plug/fitting/adapter/whatever (nor will they be releasing any GTX 900 series waterblocks for this kit), so im on the hunt for an alternative solution.

A little research shows that G1/4 thread is same as 1/4 BSP (british standard pipe) and i've gotten close finding things online but not quite getting there. A few looks at Aquarium websites has everything mostly in NPT, so that wont work. Ideally a ball valve would be cool but a tee fitting wouldn't be bad either. I've found some with barb fittings already on there, but they are the wrong size. It would need to be the size to fit this size tubing: http://www.performance-pcs.com/pvc-...ra-clear-tubing-3-8-x-1-2-10-13mm-tubing.html

Anyone aware of any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

bonus pic of the setup
OCforum.jpg

Last edited:
ppc has everything you need.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/fittings-connectors/xspc-ball-valve-chrome.html along with your choice of the bajillion barbs that are out there. i would stick with chrome to keep your mixed metals to a bare minimum.

You sure its okay to mix chrome plated with aluminum? Non-PC specific components that would work would be fine too. Petcocks stood out to me as a possible solution but i couldn't find any that were all aluminum and/or had the right size barbs.

I would look for one of those plastic T-lines. Might not look great but I think its the safest route to take because consumers will be pretty limited now till they release more accessories for these kits.

Another great etailer site is Modmymods.

You sure its okay to mix chrome plated with aluminum? Non-PC specific components that would work would be fine too. Petcocks stood out to me as a possible solution but i couldn't find any that were all aluminum and/or had the right size barbs.

baaad advice. no i wouldnt use any kind of differing metal. after doing some research it seems pretty much all metals will eventually react with aluminum in a wet environment. i would go with Jacks suggestion.

The plastic wouldn't have any affect on the loop over time either right? I know dont mix metals, but plastic + metal?

I got black metal fittings on my block and res, and I'm using a T-line and end-cap both made of plastic. No issues at all. You'll be fine ;)

If you like I can show you pics :D

I got black metal fittings on my block and res, and I'm using a T-line and end-cap both made of plastic. No issues at all. You'll be fine ;)

If you like I can show you pics :D

Yes i'd like to see! Thanks :)

Here ya goes. You can see the T-fitting inline and the End-cap on the bottom for easy draining ;) Out of the way and I still have easy access.

Of course the board, chip and ram has been replaced, but it's still the same exact setup.

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,354
You sure about that, Max!? You already gave me bad info in this thread!

lol j/k. Thanks!

hehehe, Nebs set up is pretty much the cats meow! looks to be perfect for what you need.
i do have to mention that in my first wcing build i had a solid aluminum koolance rad paired with a gold plated cpu block that never showed any signs of corrosion. good luck finding gold plated wcing anything nowadays... :p

Back