• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp difference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XzTraviSzX

Registered
I've googled around and looked but I can't seem the find anything. My pc is cooled by a corsair h60, I'm not overclocked right now and my computer is in the cold part of my house, I don't know if I should reseat my cooler or not.

sdfgsdfgsfg.png

Any ideas why its so low and the others are still high? 2c is what 35f? and 26c is almost 75f.

I've got the room warm right now, but I've had the temps hit like that many times when I have the heat off.

24C is 75.2F and 27C is only 80.6F. That's a 5.4 degree difference. It is very normal to have cores differing in temperature. Try running a prime95 or something, and post your temps then. Chances are, they will be very similar. Sometimes I have like 5C(9F) differences. You can try to reseat your heatsink, but it is not hurting anything.

24C is 75.2F and 27C is only 80.6F. That's a 5.4 degree difference. It is very normal to have cores differing in temperature. Try running a prime95 or something, and post your temps then. Chances are, they will be very similar. Sometimes I have like 5C(9F) differences. You can try to reseat your heatsink, but it is not hurting anything.

No, no, I mean the temp of 2c and such. Sometimes it will idle at 2c on core 0 and 1 and 20-26c on 2-3

No, no, I mean the temp of 2c and such. Sometimes it will idle at 2c on core 0 and 1 and 20-26c on 2-3

That IS odd...Once again though, you can try to reseat it. But, it is probably a software issue I would think. Try looking that temps will real temp or hardware monitor.

Run Realtemp or HWM at same time and see if get same thing.

That is likely a software bug, especially if its just a quick drop to "2C" then back to 20's.

edit...god im a slow typist

Run Realtemp or HWM at same time and see if get same thing.

That is likely a software bug, especially if its just a quick drop to "2C" then back to 20's.

edit...god im a slow typist

Its not a quick drop then back up it will actually idle like that, I'm underclocked to 1.6ghz when I not doing anything but surfing, but that much of a difference makes me wonder lol. May just need to reseat considering it was my first build.

Sensor error at low end then is likely the issue.

The fact that during normal ambients, your temps read normal 3-5C within each other suggests not mount problem.

One some of the initial 45nm, there were many stuck sensors, some that would not read anything below 40-50C. And not unusual under idle to see 28, 33, 50, 50 for temps, then see 80, 78, 79, 75 under load. Intel then came out with better sensor that read accurately in normal temp ranges.

Your cold ambients is probably exposing the same stuck sensor issue, just at much lower point. Just not many people running temp programs down at that range.

Sensor error at low end then is likely the issue.

The fact that during normal ambients, your temps read normal 3-5C within each other suggests not mount problem.

One some of the initial 45nm, there were many stuck sensors, some that would not read anything below 40-50C. And not unusual under idle to see 28, 33, 50, 50 for temps, then see 80, 78, 79, 75 under load. Intel then came out with better sensor that read accurately in normal temp ranges.

Your cold ambients is probably exposing the same stuck sensor issue, just at much lower point. Just not many people running temp programs down at that range.

I see so nothing to really worry about?

Worry more about your load temps, idle temps are often a poor indicator of the state of things.

Back