• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps Air/Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

Hello, its my first post to the forum here. I have an amd xp 2400 @ 2.2ghz (1.76 volt now, default 1.65 i think) right now. Gona get Eheim 1250 waterpump, Black Ice Pro Radiator, Swiftec MCW462-UHT w/ 226w TEC (for cpu), Swiftec MCW50 80w TEC (for vid card) and maybe a Bay-res reservior or a diff bay res that i can stick in a mini fridge i have D;
I was wondering what temps do yall look at for the cpu, the core or surface?

Can the voltage be to high as long as the coolant can keep the processor cooled?

I meant to say (for system) not for vid card. Can i use a gpu block for a system chip??? Any sugestions on the waterkit setup im going to build?

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like a killer system you're going to build. People have been having problems with running T-Breds at over 1.9v on water. The electromigration is sped up drastically, and although the temps will counter it, they won't even come close to preventing it. I'd advise against crossing 1.95v on a regular basis. You should get temps of around 10°C or so heavily loaded, I should think. Watercooling questions are better answered in the water cooling section of these forums, but right off the bat, I can tell you that you'd be better off with a heatercore than a BIP. If you're going to use a minifridge, a rad wouldn't be necessary.

I don't think I will use the mini-fridge always though. I will prob go w/ the bay res, just so I can try to keep the entire kit inside my pc if possible, besides the TEC power supply.

Ok, but what temps do people go by? Like in bios i have System temp, CPU surface temp, and cpu core temp, which one do people state when saying their temp.

The CPU surface temp is most likely the on-die thermistor, which most boards lack. I'd expect this to be the most accurate. For this reason, never compare your temps with others, as most only read off the in-socket thermistor, which turns out either a lot higher than the actual core temp, or a lot lower.

welll it says my core is like 55 and my surface is 41.. which one should i be worried about.. are they even accurate?

The core is usually the highest since the temperature inside the core is hotter than the underside of the cpu/thermistor on the motherboard. The thermistor on the motherboard is probably not touching the back of the cpu, therefore giving lower temperatures, if this is not the case then, both are innacurate. What heatsink do you have now? what is the system temp to compare the cpu temps?

I have goliath 2 se w/ 7500rpm fan.. i cleaned under my fan.. there was an *** of dust.. at default clock speed and default voltage my core is 41-43 and surface is 39

Right now im at 2.189ghz, 190 fsb :D so temps are higher.. but im happy w/ my temps now that i cleaned under the fan. (i did go to 200 fsb but my Geil 3200 memory doesnt really like to go to 200 even w/ normal cas timmings.. but i can go to 190fsb and turbo cas timings) (2800 memory score in sandra)

I only get 13000 in 3dmarks

you can probably push it to 1.8v to 2.2-2.25 Ghz, but it's still fast, what video card do you have?

I have a geforce 4, 4600 Do i not have it optimized well?

(190 fps rox for memory bandwith :D)

Back