• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Th7-II and new P4, would work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 800 bus "C" processors will NOT work right. Well ok, it will sort of work, but no way will it run at 200 FSB speed. The TH7-II (I used to have a couple) does not have a PCI lock, so I never could get mine to run much past 153-157 FSB. Looks like that's about all your 1.6A will do too.

The good news is that 533 bus CPUs will work. I had a 2.66 in my old one (in fact, my g/f is still using that computer). If you don't have PC-1066 RAM, then you can use the 3X memory ratio (300 BIOS setting). I would update the BIOS before upgrading the CPU.

Not sure I would spend any cash on that system. If your old 1.6A is working ok, just let it be.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info but something is confusing me, my th7-II has pci/agp lock and I have alredy run it at 170+ fsb.. My kingston 800mhz rambus will do 1066, but you are right, I shouldn't spend money on it, if the P4 C worked I would change the processor now and mobo and rambus in a few months.. I think I'll change all in a few months then..

Ok, my bad. You are right it does have a PCI lock. That's what happens when you get old and forgetful. But, even with the PCI fixed, mine would only do 157 FSB max. I know lots of people that were stopped at around that speed too. If yours will do 170 FSB, then you got a excellent mobo.

batboy said:
Ok, my bad. You are right it does have a PCI lock. That's what happens when you get old and forgetful. But, even with the PCI fixed, mine would only do 157 FSB max. I know lots of people that were stopped at around that speed too. If yours will do 170 FSB, then you got a excellent mobo.

Anyway, thanks for the info, but as you said before, it's better let it how it's now, not going to spend money with it, I'm investing in a wc system for my a64 rig.

Back