• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The AMD "share your daily overclocks thread"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"core" temps are what really count. the "cpu" temp is less important but, we like to see the cpu temp within 10c of core temp for safty reasons. as you pour the volts to the cores sometimes the "cpu" temp can launch off the charts and then it's time for more airflow to the vrm section.

FX-4170 @ 4.6 ghz w/ vcore of 1.4

Really good temps but cant seem to budge it any higher without getting core failures on prime95.

my advice? MOOOOAAAAAR VOLTS. (always seemd to work for me):)

I've gone up to 1.48 volts but it still wont take the next multiplier adjustment or the cpu clock. I've tried taking the ram down a notch and also adjusting the NB, CPU NB etc in terms of voltage and frequency but no joy. 4.6 does seem to be the sweet spot for many peeps with this chip.

New to it all , I know its easy where I'm at but, I'm proud of my 8120 @ 3.8 on stock air with just multiplier, and I'm idling at 28c, blending on prime doesn't go over 56c, :)

Soon will be on liquid and wanting to hit near the 5 mark, so my reading skills are going to be come extremely good soon :)

IBT stable at 5.1, dont fancy running prime for hours, plus its not a daily driver just thought i would join the thread for the chat :) I had to use the old legacy version of IBT as my stripped OS did not have all the mumbo jumbo installed to run the newer versions :rolleyes:
View attachment 5100 burned.bmp

Max cpu-z 5.3, i did manage to get it to 5.4 but it BS on me before the validation
cpuz 5300.JPG
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2517051

Cooled by a TT Frio (air)

I have an A6-3420M in my laptop and have it at 2.53GHz at 1.1625V :D. Stock is 1.4 with Turbo to 2.4 at 1.35V. I could increase volts and reach crazy clock speeds I'm sure, but then Prime95 would fry my laptop D:

I'm new to the whole OC this , but why air? Just curious? Not bashing at all, 5.1 on air seems awesome, but why no liquid, for the 40$ more?

Just wondering. :) Thanks
Why buy liquid and all the drama that goes with installing and maintaining a loop when you can do it on air, I just could not be bothered with all that liquid cooling malarkey, for the price of a really good loop you could buy almost a complete pc :screwy:

This is just a personal preference and i know some people love water cooling and good for them but its just not for me

keny thats a lot of voltage lol...
That CPU hopefully doesn't wish to run several years.

BeepBeep2, you gotta' fill me in on how you're getting such high OC's! Or at least lead me to a thread.
Well...if you mean my signature then a lot of hands on experience and learning...and Liquid Nitrogen

Last edited:
keny thats a lot of voltage lol...
That CPU hopefully doesn't wish to run several years
It will more than likely die during a benching marathon lol, but to be honest these fx chips seem to cope pretty well with the high vcore, whereas my thuban will crap out no matter what vcore above 1.58v you put into it on air and they seem to clock in a similar manner, once you hit the max multi no matter what voltage you ramp through it,you can't make the next jump on the multiplier, so it's back to old skool reference clocking :D which is fun !

It will more than likely die during a benching marathon lol, but to be honest these fx chips seem to cope pretty well with the high vcore, whereas my thuban will crap out no matter what vcore above 1.58v you put into it on air and they seem to clock in a similar manner, once you hit the max multi no matter what voltage you ramp through it,you can't make the next jump on the multiplier, so it's back to old skool reference clocking :D which is fun !
Well yeah, but the 8 core chips get so hot that over ~1.45v 24/7 is unusable with a 100% load for more than a few minutes.

My Rig ......

AMD FX8150 @ 4715MHZ
ASUS CROSSHAIR V
2 X ASUS GTX560Ti448DC2 SLI
2 X Hyper X 120GIG SSD (Raid 0) - System
2 X WD Black 1TB HD (Raid 0) - Storage
8Gb GSKILLF3-2400C10D-8GTX (1840) @9-9-9-24
Seasonic X850
Black Ice® GTS Gen Two Stealth 240
Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 280
Koolance CPU-370SA
Cooler Master Cosmos II

I use this for Video Encoding, BLU-RAY using BDRebuilder mostly and some gaming HAWX, HAWX 2. BDRebuilder (X264) will run about 125FPS during encoding.

Attachments

• 4715MHZ.jpg
    4715MHZ.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 93
Back