• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Asus Vento Project...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
s random said:
i dont care how good you mount the WC system, your still a fool for buying that ugly impractical giant blob of plastic and steal that have the audacity to call a case

ok you have a very generic basic case, that is fine for you. a giant dildo huh, that sure is funny. i might go tell my little brother that, he is 8, i think he might laugh. so its too heavy for you? lift some wieghts, or get off your nerdy ***. completely overdone? are you joking me? there are so many other much bigger cases... and cost too much for ya? get a job, stop mooching off your parents, and get a life. i dont want to see you posting in peoples thread calling them fools for buying what they like, then takling about it, no one needs people to tell them what they personally selected is ugly or impractical in someone elses eyes.

oveiously a few people may share your thoughts but almost every lan i go to i get 9/10 good comments, and that 1/10 is either it is big, or maybe when i get some more money i will look into it.

so please get back to whatever game you play, or whatever boards accept you..

it is not my place to say whether or not you accepted on these boards, i am new myslef, but i sure dont want you in my thread anymore...
PEACE.

so then what are my limits on width of the heater core? 5.25 right since it is going to be laying partially in the bay? and what do you think on width?

xCRF450 said:
ok you have a very generic basic case, that is fine for you. a giant dildo huh, that sure is funny. i might go tell my little brother that, he is 8, i think he might laugh. so its too heavy for you? lift some wieghts, or get off your nerdy ***. completely overdone? are you joking me? there are so many other much bigger cases... and cost too much for ya? get a job, stop mooching off your parents, and get a life. i dont want to see you posting in peoples thread calling them fools for buying what they like, then takling about it, no one needs people to tell them what they personally selected is ugly or impractical in someone elses eyes.

oveiously a few people may share your thoughts but almost every lan i go to i get 9/10 good comments, and that 1/10 is either it is big, or maybe when i get some more money i will look into it.

so please get back to whatever game you play, or whatever boards accept you..

it is not my place to say whether or not you accepted on these boards, i am new myslef, but i sure dont want you in my thread anymore...
PEACE.

I would have said it a tad more delicatly.. but you got the point across

I agree... Some see a big pile of **** and others see a Greener than green garden.. its all in the eye of the beholder

xCRF450 said:
so then what are my limits on width of the heater core? 5.25 right since it is going to be laying partially in the bay? and what do you think on width?

back to water cooling.......

well if you get any standard heater core i.e. from like danger den, frozencpu or where i got mine www.freshcooling.com, they all come in the same width and pretty much same height, weapon might be by here soon to speak on this topic, maybe not, but he states the actual part # of the heater core i think is 2-302.

but just check out those websites and they all give dimensions, im at work right now, too little time otherwise i would have grabbed the dimensions, but also if you go to the sites you can also compile other parts ideas and prices. :santa:

my thoughts. this would work well and would be very easy to implement. use the area you cut out on the plastic part to mould the mesh to replace it. would look quite good too

Attachments

• asusvento.jpg
    asusvento.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,336
blt111 said:
my thoughts. this would work well and would be very easy to implement. use the area you cut out on the plastic part to mould the mesh to replace it. would look quite good too

I second this idea... best airflow.. and if ou use a nice mesh thats got a nice red color to match it would prob look killa!

Maybe even use red LED fans under the mesh for a nice red glow :santa: just a thought

maybe even cut 2 120mm holes in the plastic and then attach somthing like this to cover the holes

http://www.directron.com/fangrill120bb.html

yeah that actually would look really nice, the only thing would be that i am not that confident in my actual cutting skills, and i wouldnt want to chip this stuff, it is plastic, and i dont think that it would cut very well. those mesh covers look nice, and i thinkn that it would be cool to have a red glow, or even white (since all the rest of the lights are white on it) but that would be really cool, only thing would be the cutting, then the mounting, would i need to drill holes to mount it all, and again there is like 1.5-2 inches of room inbetween the steel case and the outer plastic shell, i love the ideas, as of now i am leaning abit more towards the angles one, and have it exhaust out the back, simply becasue of all the modding would be done internally, and if i ever took it out i wouldnt have two holes in my roof. although they could be use as blowholes anyhow, desicions, decision, keep em coming, i like your guys thoughs. thanks...

xCRF450 said:
yeah that actually would look really nice, the only thing would be that i am not that confident in my actual cutting skills, and i wouldnt want to chip this stuff, it is plastic, and i dont think that it would cut very well.

well just have confidence in yourself!

and even thought i like my idea alot b/c it does keep everything internal and also it'll make it look alot cleaner and be probably the first ventoo water cooled system, and if you do put the radiator in the top plastic area, im sure it wouldnt be replicated for awhile.

but onething also, i do like the 2nd idea with the mesh, and what you can do is use masking tape all on the top to prevent scratches, and then use a hole saw thats the size of a 120mm fan, and that'll make a clean cut.
but dont get me wrong, im still voting for my idea! :) GO CLEAN!

yeah , i think i should at least atempt the internal idea first, i mean if that doesnt work i can always pu the holes then do that, so yeah, if i did the hole first i wouldnt realy have a choice, so for now until option one has been exhuasted more tips and sizes and everything for option one.

for the rad i think i am going to get a Black ice extreme II since it fits in 5.25 bays, and is pretty much exactly what i am looking for... now saving up for it...

ok, i just looked and the bixII is like 102$ so i figure i could wait a long time and save up for it and the rest of the stuff, or go the bonevill route, which i think i will, which heatercore do you guys will fit best? the 77 boneville? with or without ac, or what?

xCRF450 said:
ok, i just looked and the bixII is like 102$ so i figure i could wait a long time and save up for it and the rest of the stuff, or go the bonevill route, which i think i will, which heatercore do you guys will fit best? the 77 boneville? with or without ac, or what?

check out www.freshcooling.com

look at the dual heatercores, they are all ready painted and have barbs installed, i bought one before and they are good quality.

ooh, i just might do that, ok i saw the Fill port that they have also over at Danger Den:
4pcs_100.jpg

and i though that it would be cool to mount it one behinde my "magic Mask"

Picture007.jpg

either where the p4 badge is, or maybe off to one side, either way it looks like the perfect place for one, to run my T line to.

some people wanted to see the case so here she is, and the lights

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

as for those Fresh rads, they look nice, and definatly fit the price, so i might have to go with those, but for the Shroud, how does that work, or would even work in my system? the rad goes in the shroud, then fans bold on the bottom? thanks..

it goes:

fan:shroud:heatercore

the shroud basically spaces the fans alittle away from the heater core to eliminate the dead spot from the fan.
and that case looks better in a real environment, rather than the white backround newegg has.

white lights in the "ducts" look good. and im not too sure that would be the BEST place for the t-line fill port, its a good idea, but i think the fill port has to be at the highest point, but im not a guru in T-lines, im sure someone will chime in if thats the best place for the t-line.

AND a ha! you need to replace your optical drives, those emachine face plates dont look good, but im sure you know. :santa:

oh i know, but not something i am really worried about for now, i have the Wc setup, then HDD's then a dvd burner drive which will replace them both, yeah they are funky, especailly the floppy drive doesnt even have a cover lol... just a though, i will probably just run a plain T line inside the case for a while prior to buying the fill port anyways...

and another pic of here, i am thinking of painting my boaring beige monitor red to match it...

Picture.jpg

you can see the corner of it on the left side..

xCRF450 said:
oh i know, but not something i am really worried about for now, i have the Wc setup, then HDD's then a dvd burner drive which will replace them both, yeah they are funky, especailly the floppy drive doesnt even have a cover lol... just a though, i will probably just run a plain T line inside the case for a while prior to buying the fill port anyways...

yeah, ive seen actually people buy that t-line fill port and not tap it into the case, so you can probably do that for a temp solution.

and painting the monitor would be a good idea, make it all custom,
tell ya what, it would sure make this setup a nice lan rig. and maybe if you trust yourself enough i could easily see a side window on there :santa:

yeah, i have looked into making a custom window, for like the upper half atleast, i can snap some pics of the panel, and lets start drawing out some plans.... i will post em up in a few minutes...

it is going to be tought, because there is a layer of plastic, then metal... we'll see.. yeah i want it too look nice, for lan's, i was thinking of going with some Krylon Fusion Red paint, it is kind of a generic red, but i think it should match pretty good with the case, any other suggestions? and how can i doo the buttons, and not get them all gunked up with paint?

xCRF450 said:
yeah, i have looked into making a custom window, for like the upper half atleast, i can snap some pics of the panel, and lets start drawing out some plans.... i will post em up in a few minutes...

it is going to be tought, because there is a layer of plastic, then metal... we'll see.. yeah i want it too look nice, for lan's, i was thinking of going with some Krylon Fusion Red paint, it is kind of a generic red, but i think it should match pretty good with the case, any other suggestions? and how can i doo the buttons, and not get them all gunked up with paint?

for painting the monitor, i think i saw a thread on how to do it, you could probably take the plastic shell off of it and then paint the individual pieces then put it back together so you dont have to worry about paint on the screen.

and as for the window, you can put the window between the plastic and metal, and use like that rubber trim for cars to put trim around the window and then you can use some like small screen in between the plastic and metal, OR! you can cut the plastic put the window in with some trim and then trim about another inch of the metal past the plastic so you'll have to look steeply to the sides to see the gap between the plastic and metal.

just ideas.....which can me modified.

mmk here are the pics of the panel:

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

And heres kind of what i was thinking, it would be crazy..

Picture014215.jpg

Back