• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Asus Vento Project...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so back to this.. I am thinking i anm going to get the 655, with a Bonevill core, With A/c, ClearFlex tubing, (All 1/2'' ID tubing), and a Swiftek 6002-775 Block, what do you guys think, and where is the cheapest that i can find a 655?

I got the L30, it had the rattle its not as bad now, but its 5 days away from being a year old. Besides the rattle the barbs were the only thing that drove me crazy.

Sneaky said:
the L30 had some serious reliability issues, which were fixed with the L35, but none of the Hydor pumps are still as good as something like the MCP-655, or other purpose-built pumps

spend the extra $35 and get one of these: http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=9336

sneaky. for 3/8" tubing would the best choice be the MCP350? j/wing for my own setup

im pretty sure the 350 is the best, i just wanna tripple check :santa:

well that "quiet one 1200" was going to be a trade for some other stuff... but now that i have this 800gph pump that i will most likely ebay i will probably get the 655, and get back to this internal setup.... :) thanks for saving the thread hon

well i am sorry to say that this will not be happening any time soon... I crashed my friends streetbike when hit front break locked up on me, and i owe him alot of money to get it fixed, heres some pics of what happened to me, warning graphic....

so i will let you all know when i am remotly close to starting to order parts ext. i might get the hc, and start tinkering with it, since it is cheap, who knows, i will keep you posted...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/xcrf450/Picture029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/xcrf450/Picture030.jpg

ouch, glad your alright. ill keep the thread subscirbed so i can keep on updates when they happen, and who knows maybe this will be good in a way to think about how everything can come together on the rig.

getwell~

wow sorry to hear abour your accident, glad you you came out alright...keep us posted and hope you have a quick recovery

I am glad to hear that you made it out reliatively good. It could have been much worse. Thanks for keeping us all updated

wow, thats an ouchie
motorcycles are inherintly dangerous, u might have gotten lucky. glad u are ok. seems like something always gets in the way of having a good time huh
hope he's not too mad at you. was there a lot of damage caused to the bike? let us all know how this unfolds

yeah there was alot of damage to the bike, and i owe him alot of money, but he is being an idiot, he wants a new gas tank, when all i did was dent it, it would be much cheaper to just get it fixed... am i wrong here? i dont want to start giving him money if he is going to be stupid and buy a n ew gas tank...

what about insurance? and if he wants all that new stuff, i would search on ebay and other places like that, then you can just get them painted.

hi,

sorry about the accident..ouch!

about the quiet one 1200 - that was mine I was gonna trade you. It's way too big and loud! you don't want that, trust me. I just got the MCP350 and I think it may fit your needs the best if you're thinking of keeping everything internal. AND it's super, super quiet!! I can't believe I lived with that QuietOne(ha! not quiet!) for so long. The MCP350 rocks! I don't know about the 655 but I hear that is quiet too...but it won't fit in my external setup so I went with the 350 and I got a good price on it.

As far as your lcd bezels, to get the glossy wet look like your case, you're absolute best bet is to clearcoat it with 2 part automotive Urethane. It's not hard if you've had experience in body/paint. I've done lots of painting mods on my cases. The best durability you're gonna get for your lcd and paint matching your case is to clearcoat it.

Now for your window mod. I get my materials from work but you can get them at Home Depot. Just use acrylic. Lexan/Polycarbonate is way too expensive. I use 1/8" for the windows. To cut the case door, you'll need a high speed grinder or dremel. I use a pneumatic high speed grinder with a 3" cutting wheel. It cuts clean and I can cut real straight lines with it...although I've been using the grinder for a long time. You're probably going to have to sand the panel and repaint and clear it...I always do.
I use RTV to glue the window to the backside of the panel after it's done curing. I've used rivets but it doesn't look as clean.

I hope this helps.

here's some pics of what I've done -
http://users.rcn.com/nanikeala/watercooling/final pc.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/nanikeala/watercooling/window.jpg

xCRF450 said:
whos insurance would cover it?

i would think his insurance would cover it, provide he tell the insurance company, which i also believe to be the truth, that he allowed you to ride the bike, then even if you dont have insurance you'll be covered under his policy. anyways i believe thats the way it works here in FL.

wouldnt hurt to ask the insurance company.

Back