• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Asus Vento Project...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok well my uncle owns a shop in modesto CA, Discount Auto Electic, and radiator, So he got me a 2302, and i modded it, so this thread is back up, and modding will be starting soon ! :)

So what Fans do you guys reccomend, i need 2 120mm Fans, gimmie some links! :)

just quickly about the clearcoat, go with it, it'll go on kind of lumpy at first, but then just get a buffer to get it smooth. If you don't have a buffer someone on your street who takes really good care of his cars definitely will. The buffer will act kind of like lapping your heatsink, it'lll smooth out all the uneven clearcoat, and you're monitor will have a nice gloss finish to it, just like your vento.

The fans I will be using on my 2-302 are are Sanyo Denki's, for a shroud, I suggest going to the classifieds an looking up Weapons thread for his shrouds, they're beautiful :)

can i get some links to some good quality high cfm or whatever abbriviation it is fans.. thanks!

jokers_greg said:
just quickly about the clearcoat, go with it, it'll go on kind of lumpy at first, but then just get a buffer to get it smooth. If you don't have a buffer someone on your street who takes really good care of his cars definitely will. The buffer will act kind of like lapping your heatsink, it'lll smooth out all the uneven clearcoat, and you're monitor will have a nice gloss finish to it, just like your vento.

if you're using a rattle can, you may get 'lumpiness' I guess. I'd try using an airbrush or detail automotive touch up gun. And if you use automotive 2 part urethane(which has to be sprayed thru a a/b or touchup gun), you shouldn't experience any lumps...the clear should dry smooth and level out(if it's been mixed properly).

as for fans...as someone else said, check out the classifieds here. you should be able to find some good deals. I have 2 120v muffin fans on my 2-342. I made my shroud out of resin.

you would need fiberglass "sheets" also to be able to make a shroud out of fiberglass/resin, you should be able to pick up all the supplies at home depot.

i believe if i remember correctly, either on ocforums.com you can search for a topic on it, OR i believe on overclockers.com theres an article on how to make one....

sweet, i think i might buy a weapon...

Some one give me a pump!

sometimes with certain things, i only like to buy them new.. and when i water cooled, i bought everything new, its just a thing i have, just to make sure it wasnt abused at all or the seller lied about its use.

as for instance with a pump, the seller could say they only owned it for like a month wheres in reality they owned it for 6months.... i know there are alot of good sellers out there that will not lie, but you can always be sure when you buy a retail package.

yeah, but does that wallet agree????? i dont think so... maybe in a few more weeks, hang in ther gang! were going to water cool this VENTO!!!

Back