• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Difference between these mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyrannasaur

Registered
ASUS Maximus V Extreme & ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

Just wanna know the diffrence between the two boards... im thinking of going with the asrock, because I can get a i5 cpu with it (combo) on ebay for 200. All the Asus maximus on ebay comes with i7 cpu's and they are a little too pricy for me. I would have to buy the asus mobo seperatley and buy a i5 cpu and that would cost a little higher than what im paying for with the Asrock & I5 Combo.... which one would you get?

Welcome to the forums as for the difference as i see it the Maximus V is more a benching board but still good quality, the other is a good quality board that the members all use on here. But better still depending on your budjet would be the Extreme 6 so give you a idea i will post you this to read. Regards AJ.

1, http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722124

This is a OCF Review done by a member it will explain everything to you!

Last edited:
My own reasons is quite clear because the 6 has higher grade components such as Gold standard Japanese Capacitors in the Voltage section. You would ask why that makes a difference, because it helps to deliver better voltage and current supply to the CPU! So when you decide to overclock your CPU the power deliver is better making it easy to OC your motherboard. Well i think that's a enough to think about come back to use with any other questions you have. AJ. Regards.

Back