• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Hardware Destruction Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Over the 4th of taped some m80's to my old HDD that like fried the first week I got it. I might upload pics later. It was fun :)

Since I am throwing away my old Rosewill Tu155 case I thought I would give it a good and burn it while I was in the process burning trash. For all you firefighters this was a control burn next to a burning pile a trash nothing flammable around it :D

Before:

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

During.
burnbetterhe4.jpg

betterquality2vx4.jpg

burnbetterquality3wr8.jpg

After
IMGP0731Medium.jpg

aftermath1.jpg

IMGP0732Medium.jpg

And off it goes in the back of my gator XUV to the garbage dump.

Last edited:
Hmm, never noticed this thread before, im sure I can chase down something that needs destroyed.

ok well here is mine

120mb hdd from the windows 3.1 era

DSCN1259.jpg
DSCN1258.jpg

and yes my dad TOLD me to do this and if you look at the chunk of concrete missing from the first picture

i did that

Im going to reserve this space. In the next couple of days I will be shooting an old non-working ipod and HD with a buddy of mines M4 rifle. Pics and maybe a vid incoming :)...

I have another dead harddrive... and a dead cd-writer and a couple of video cards what would you all like to see?

Smashed up?
Knocked out of the park?
Axe+Lighter?
Potato Cannon?
Paintball Gun?
BB-Gun?
Blown up?
Dropped off of the side of a football stadium?
Thermite? (possible but unlikely)

just pick something and ill see what i can do!

Fire is boring now. Smashing with a hammer. To easy.. Shooting it with sissy projectiles is blah.

Sending it into orbit sounds interesting.

EmAn said:
I have another dead harddrive... and a dead cd-writer and a couple of video cards what would you all like to see?

Smashed up?
Knocked out of the park?
Axe+Lighter?
Potato Cannon?
Paintball Gun?
BB-Gun?
Blown up?
Dropped off of the side of a football stadium?
Thermite? (possible but unlikely)

just pick something and ill see what i can do!
all of the above?

Enablingwolf said:
Fire is boring now. Smashing with a hammer. To easy.. Shooting it with sissy projectiles is blah.

Sending it into orbit sounds interesting.
so are you either saying smashed out of the park or dropped off of a football stadium?

and if you were talking about rockets i dont have mine any more but we do have a rocketry club at school!

EmAn said:
so are you either saying smashed out of the park or dropped off of a football stadium?

and if you were talking about rockets i dont have mine any more but we do have a rocketry club at school!

Show us a cool hardware tantrum bro. Just be careful and plan it out so it works/looks good. Do something no one here has done yet. Knock our socks off. Time to get creative!
:attn:

If you take a vid and need hosting. I will host the video(s) for you.

You are a bloody bunch of oddities. All of you.

Nuclear reactions are the way to go.

ill try to do the best i can and i am mulling a few more ideas around in my head

maybe ill throw something in an old microwave mixed with some GP...

i need to get a camera before i do this so i can take videos

Well theres the problem... the socket is missing!

Attachments

• no_socket.jpg
    no_socket.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 474
I agree with no more sissy projectiles, but it is possible that I might be able to shoot an old HDD with a .50 cal rifle.
However, it may take a while for me to do this; next spring cause it's getting too cold, and I need to have the free time to go shooting at the range. (and have my father go with me, its his .50)
Should I really consider this?

well i have a lot more hardware but i still need to get a camera but i may be able to use my buddies camera

i am thinking a potato cannon into a brick wall

Glad to see this thread is still alive. I had some fun a few weekends ago with a nightmare of an old SOYO P4 mobo. I'll hopefully get the pics up tonight; but lets just say it had an encounter with a Mossberg 500 12Gauge.

Here's the carnage. I unloaded about 10 shots into the board with bird shot.

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

Last edited:
Highly amusing WonderingSoul.

At what distance were you shooting at? - possibly about 5-8 feet?

I've got another idea for destruction, but I need help with it; does anyone know of a good acid (that you might also be able to but) that would eat every part of the motherboard except for the metal?

Back