• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The hot topic ... my sister's tattoo designs for your case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Basically, I took the window out of my case, printed out the picture, and taped it onto the outside of my window. I then took a dremel tool with an etching attachment, and traced over the edges of the picture on the inside of the window. I then took the picture off, and filled in between the lines. I may go over it again, to make it a little deeper, or to add a texture of scales to it.

Annoyingrob said:
Basically, I took the window out of my case, printed out the picture, and taped it onto the outside of my window. I then took a dremel tool with an etching attachment, and traced over the edges of the picture on the inside of the window. I then took the picture off, and filled in between the lines. I may go over it again, to make it a little deeper, or to add a texture of scales to it.

Very nice effect, and if you manage to get some scales on it looking properly, it should look AMAZING. I may try something like this one day.

I havn't etched in almost a year, but this is worth bringing the dremel out of retirment. And naturally some uv paint.

SHWEETNESS ...
tribalcomulogo.jpg

... isn't it?!?!

the skull thing
tribalskull.jpg

grob, nice etching!! That's eally impressive man!

My sis is estatic that you guys are detailing your cases with her drawings, lol! Great work everyone!

Think you could provide some slightly higher quality scans? I've noticed that these are quite jaggy, and could make for problems in CAD.

MAN I AM DROOLING over the AMD dragon. MAJOR props to your sis with all these! I will have my friend get some made @ work where they print vinyl (sp?). Hes got all colors and clear for the etched effect since they make alot for those tricked out cars.

that is amazing, youve got one sweet sister there! :p

i suppose someone with good gfx skills could easily trace over those pics and do some high quality jpgs out of them with nice sharp lines, any takers? im poo with photoshop etc so ill leave it to someone else.

btw get her to draw a pic of u :) that would be cool, can she draw cute cats too?

Annoyingrob said:
I think that AMD dragon would go well on the other side of my case...... That skull is great, I"l have to find somewhere to put that.

You could put a top window and the skull there! Now that would be an excelent spot there. :)

lol knew ya'd like it!

Higher quality scans? I could do that, I got huge drawings scanned in bmp format. I just had to shrink em and kill the quality to fit on the forum is down. I can upload them to my ftp, but what one would you like?

PS - The drawings are kinda sketchy sometimes, like on the amd dragon, some of the black spots almost touch when they're not supposed to, etc ... so I reccomend that you start photoshop (if you can do cad you've got it too :)) and put the bmp into a background layer with a light opacity, then trace over the dragon with a solid, aliased (not anti-aliased) brush. It'll be spanking lemony fresh.

I'm sure that several members here wouldn't have a problem with hosting the images at a higher quality

I dont get the facination every one has with dragons on this forum, I mean all they are really is a mythical reptilian creature that flys around breathing fire and wreaking havoc on villagers, while stealing children and granting them magical powers.

OK never mind I get it,.............Dragons K!ck @$$.

I made a background out of the last pic, its large so 56kers beware. Feel free to modify it, but give credit to the original artist who drew it and to me for providing a modified version.
DragonNight.jpg

Back