• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just thought i'd finally post on this thread.

i'm 22 and i go to georgia tech. i'm a ISYE major. always been kind of a tech-nerd, just not into computers so much until lately. and most recently overclocking. i read the forums a couple times a day, i just don't post a lot.

rock n roll.

Funny, I never saw this thread before either. :)

My name is John, I'm 34 (will be 35 on the 18th), and I'm a Senior Application Developer writing code in VB, SQL Server, and C in UNIX. I started playing with computers around age 12 when I found out a friend up the street had an Atari 400. He started teaching me Atari Basic, and I've been hopelessly addicted to computers ever since. My first computer was an Atari 600XL, then I got an 800XL. Started modding with that one when I found out that I could wire a switch from RS to the floppy drive to make it so that I didn't have to punch the side of the disk out to write to it. :D Went from that machine to an Atari 520ST, then a 1040ST (which I still own and still runs just like the day I bought it.) Then I got a 286, 486, etc. My current machines are a P-120 running SCO OpenServer, a PII-300, a PIII-733, an AMD XP2000+ Palomino that runs WAY too hot, and this machine, an overclocked XP2500+ at 2.2GHz.

I could go on with all of the hobbies I have, etc., but this post is already too long LOL, so I'll end it here. If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best not to bore you to death. :p

Hi, my names Andy aka RGX, im a 17 yr old partial student. I've been lurking here for a while without registering because you don't allow hotmail accounts and I was too lazy to set one up :p, but today I figured would be a good time to get myself a POP3 account.

I'm on an extremley tight budget being a student with no real income so new hardware is few and far between, overclocking gets the most out of what I can afford, looking forward to a new GFX card though.

From what I have seen the community here is really tight so im looking forward to becoming part of it, hope I can help others in return. :)

Im also from England, as Ricky Gervais put so eloquently "Little island near Europe, used to run the world before you did" :D

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

Hey Im Alan and I live in Azusa, ca.

I’m new to the whole OC scene but hope to catch on quick ;-)
Installing an external water cooling system is what I’m looking forward to doing next so if you have any insights feel free to give me a shout.
Cheers
X_T_C_X

hey kids im bill AKA Muffinman i play a lot of counter-strike and i am x CAL Intermed. and play in leagues(sponsered by alienware and bawls zboard ect.......www.capclan.com) i love my computer,am always on it and being that i am 15 and fat gurls hate me so i sit here and read the forums.....................gg if u play CS PM me and well play togetha oc CAL I style

I just saw this thread too. Anyway, my name is Jordan, I'm a 3rd year (going on 5) computer engineering student at TN Tech university. I guess I've been reading the forums for a good while now but I haven't really posted much. I've used computers... forever. I've used linux for ~5 or 6 years (I guess that's corret, since kernel 2.0.30 was cool anyway), and just recently got back into it after not having used it for a long time. Gentoo rocks. :D Anyway, I'm here to read, learn, and help out when I can. Oh yeah, I don't remember where webfreak came from. I just picked a random online nick a LONG time ago and it kind of stuck. Oh well. Take care.

Hi everyone, I'm Jim. I'm 17 and live in Lorain Ohio, I'm new to overclocking but doing my best to learn. So far so good, Glad to meet you all :)

Weclome to the forums Kluv, Enjoy your self be sure to read the stickies, they are very informative,

also be sure to familiarize your self with the rules
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115345

it will keep you out of hot water.

hope you enjoy overclocking, and understand you are about to enter an adictive past time that can become costly with the constant persuit of faster equipment and better overclocks

Hmmmm...just randomly found this thread :p (actually my hand randomly slipped and clicked on the link in IMOG's sig).

Anyways, my name is David and I'm from Bellevue, a city near Seattle, Washington. I'm a Sophmore in high school right now and I plan to go to the University of Washington, or maybe CAL Tech. I probably will major in Electrical Engineering or something and try to go work for AMD ;). I spend my time browsing this forum or hardforum or playing games like CS, DoD, CoD, and Halo. I spend little time in studying since school is boring. Mostly on the weekends I go to LANs at my friend's house and sleep over. Nice to meet you all :)

Hey y'all
I just joined the forum today- name's Aaron Williams(mtb856), from Montgomery Alabama( my dad's Air Force, so I'm not a local), I'm just about 19, mech. engineering student, and just recently an overclocking addict

IMOG said:
Tempe? I think the Buckeyes made that pretty famous around my neck of the woods not too long ago. ;)

Nice to have you guys around.

ooh...I like your avatar! It's almost as sexy as Alexa's llamas. :p

heyas

Hey all just posting to say hello. I'm New to the forums but already you guys have impressed me and you are all full of such great information. I'm a full time student at the University of South Florida in Tampa. I've built 6 systems in my life and never overclocked one, but i'm prepping to pop my OC cherry on my next build (2 months)

I just noticed this thread, and since I am new here, I will post a short intro on myself.

I am a 21 year old dude from Helsinki, Finland. Great weather for overclocking most of the year... heh. I have a girlfriend but no kids (phew).

I am unemployed, most of the time. I do some work as a software tester every now and then though, which is how I got the money to get a new computer.

I am currently studying for entry exams to the University of Helsinki to study Economics. I did my military service in the navy last year, which delayed my entry into Uni by a year.

What else... yeah, I've travelled a lot, born in Brussels, lived in Paris for 4 years, Canberra for 5 years, and in Helsinki a total of 12 years.

I joined the forums because I finally decided to get off my *** and get a new computer to replace my venerable P200MMX. Before that we had a 486 SX33. So upgrades have been few and far between, but now that I am earning the money myself, I don't doubt I will be upgrading more often.

Oh... my name is Tom, the nickname is Mosh. Long story.

hey im chris i joined about 2 weeks ago and have been on this site since, im from florida and im just about 26 years of age.
been tweaking systems for about 2 years now and prob will never stop, in my sparetime i work 40hrs a week fixin boats(mercruiser). I love this site because i dont have anybody local that i can talk to about computers let alone modding them:D

Wut up guys

My name's Aleem im 15 and live in Texas. Joined like last month but just came across this thread. Been O'Cing about 3 months ago. It's a great adrenaline rush and sometimes I get carried away but havent burned anything yet!!! :cool: This is probally the nicest forum community I've been in :D

See yall 'round

hello, i just noticed this thread so i figured i'd post.

my name is Mike, i live in Connecticut. I am currently a senior in high school, and I will be attending college majoring in computer science next year. My interets are computers, general electronics, and music.

Well my names Will but so many people call me Victor it may as well be my real name. I just turned 20 and im a computer networking major. Currently im working as shift manager at the local Game Crazy (it's like EB Games/Babbages).

I am severly addicted to my computer and a huge fan of anime. As for proof of that heres an early shot of my tattoo (before it fully healed): http://www.nexusnetwork.us/tats/pic1.JPG

If you've watched the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series you might recognize what it is, a copy of their nueral jacks.

Between work, school, and my girlfriend I post here and attempt to sleep, although much less of that later.

Hi my name is Didier i come from switzerland (between France and Germany.. You know, Banks (usb,credit-suisse,..) SMI, Nestlé, Multi-Purpose Red Knives, Chocolate, watches (rolex, swatch etc etc) Got it ?
I'm nearly 18 , I am severly addicted to my computer too, i overclock all the computers that i can use since the day i've tried on mine. In the first time it was juste to say that i did it then i became a power user that's why i'm here :cool: it was the only forum on which i found excellent reples about my new mobo (Thx a lot Balrog !!!:clap: :clap: )

And i'm a modder too i make performance modding on my computer, style modding and silence modding for my best friends :cool: MY parents don't like that muy i don't c4r3 because it MY room and MY computer. I can post pics if you want !

Back