• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My name is Nick (tear rolling down cheek) I... (swallow) I'm adicted to overclocking. (goes into fetal position and begins to shake and cry). j/k I just got my computer like 1-2 months ago. I love computers and hope to learn alot more from this forum. I like german industrial rock (Rammstein, megaherz, Oomph). I enjoy goofing around in 3dsmax. I'm a freshman in highschool. I am in the IOOF and am the Grand Conductor of the GJL of california. I enjoy drafting and designing things. I Fold 24/7!!!!

Edit: Im from Lodi, California

man I havent done this yet.

Hi,
I am an idiot ... seriously I couldnt help myself.

OK gain
Hi,
I am Julian aka germanjulian. The life in London UK and I am studying Computer Science (in 2005 I be finished). I moved from germany to england when I was 11 and some people called me german (obviously but no offence intended) and some called me sometimes germanjulian (cause there was another julian).
I like computers... a lot... I sleep with my computer in da same room.. :) no seriously. and my g/f to but she is closer to me..
I also enjoy mountainbiking and trick kite flying.

Greetings all :beer: ......I've been here for a few months, but I don't post much. This is in all likelyhood because it's very difficult for me to see the monitor with my head in my case, even when there's nothing I can mod at that particular time. I am without question a bit "obsessive compulsive" about getting anything and everything I can out of my hardware configuration. Over the past few months, the helpful/knowledgeable folks on this board have widened my scope of knowledge in the O'clking department. I'm a real estate broker, and since I was only working about 3 days a week, I decided to start an in-home computer repair/building service four years ago. I scan as many threads for what they can teach me, as well as those who are in need of advice.

I've been using the handle "irishfanatic" in other forums for as long as I can remember. It didn't take much brainstorming to come up with that handle, especially since it describes me well. I played football there, and was even lucky enough with a few core courses to graduate :clap: I AM in fact fanatical about Notre Dame, and am equally fanatical about zip ties, sleeving, unlocking cpus, and ummm......that kinda stuff. I ask a lot of questions, but I'll always take time to answer them as well, especially if it refers to hardware.

Thanks very much to all that have assisted me in my quest to not only put my rig in pain, but have also assisted me in speaking to my wife in a langauge that makes her not want to talk to me for refreshingly long periods of time :p

I wuv this place lots!

Hi

I found OCForums during a search for info about DIY CPU ducting. Naturally, after being awestruck by the great info to be shared here, I was addicted. It was an incredibly natural flow (heh ;)) to go from the matter of "improved air cooling" to actually overclocking my shiny new 2800+.

I've visited a number of tech forums with content relating to AMD overclocking and cooling, but IMO this place has the most comfortable overall layout as well as the nicest knowledgeable folks. People like theWesson, Clocker2, archilochus and fac_29 are the reason I keep checking for new posts in the cooling and AMD CPU sections.

More about me:

- I'm a 32-yr old C programmer born and living in South Africa, after a 7-yr stint in Namibia (the other 'Nam')

- I've been PC crazy since about 1990, even though I've only owned a 386-DX40, a DX4-100 and now my current setup (which I upgraded from a 2100+ to a 2800+ after a year). I'm an AMD fan all the way.

- My favourite past-times are gaming (Diablo2 mostly, plus a few dips into FPS's, RPG's, strategy), dance and dance music (across multiple genres) and occasional comic collecting. I thoroughly enjoy the CCG Vampire: the Eternal Struggle too.

- the nick 'killem' is a play on my name and I've used it for LAN games. Going back through this thread, I think I could almost qualify for the nick "Netfreak" too
:D

I hope this place retains its friendly informative nature for a looonnngg time!

It's good to have you here Killem, we've got a lot of members on the other side o' the pond! Glad you found us! I know people always appreciate when someone takes notice of the help they offer others. :)

Nice idea for a thread!

I'm a 30 something (no I'm not telling you) living in London and working in the City. Used to be a happy academic collecting degrees until I ran into that brick wall known as "The Funding Difficulty" :bang head: Now not so happy, but at least I get paid more than I used to (not difficult).

First computer was a BBC Model B (2MHz & 32K RAM - it rocked :p ), and seem to have been taking computers apart and putting them back together again since like forever. Finally got around to getting a PC at home last year after not having one for a couple of years, and now drive my girlfriend distracted becuase it's always in pieces in my eternal quest for lower temperatures and silence. (Word to the wise - Lian Li 6070 - nice case, lousy airflow... :rolleyes: )

What else - oh yeah, complete astronomy nutcase. Can regularly be found out on the heath freezing half to death in the middle of the night. It's an even stranger universe than you think!

Adrian Simon, 25...no 26 already, roumanian and CRAZY about any new spec's about any new stuff...
Im selling computers at Future Shop, and sometimes feeling guilty when people don't no jack s*** about a computer.

Seriously, sometimes they choose one instead of an other because of the.....color :) Anyway, a client refer me this site and guess what, i'm hooked to this site like crazy.

Im in the fever on building crazy rig soon, and it's just sad my fiancee dosen't understand why i'm getting exited about a hsf...lol
see you soom with my future avatar...

Welcome LanWaker, nice to have another fellow Quebeccer around. Not too many of us here.

Any chances of getting me some good deals at Future Shop :D ?I'm a frequent customer and most of the time feel like I know more about the products than the people selling them ;)

just scaning throught thought id add to the info

names NICK COOK
live in PRINCETON BC CANADA
age 16

im a student that is working at a local comp shop part time

and wana do somthing with comps for a job full time

wow, i've been here for like 3 years and just saw this..
Name : Khaled (or Kele for chinese ^^)
Student at a local college, studing engin. cuz there are too many programmers.
I'm slightly obsessed with watercooling i guess, thats why i visit the forums so often. I can't have temps above 40c and can't stand fans over 30dba. Most of my friends think i suffer OCD, but at ocforums i feel right at home. :D

Just noticed this thread myself lol
Names: Ken Schmitt
I live in Anchorage Alaska
I love to build computers for fun!! Nada!! For Free!!
Anything else, becomes a job. Is that crazy or what?
Sometimes I bore my wife to tears talking about computers ;-)

Hi guys,

I'm Jon from CT, USA. I am a freshmen in high school. I've been interested in computers, baseball, and the piano since I was around 3. Today those are my three main hobbies. I have two overclocks which I am most proud of: a 2.4C to 3.8ghz on AIR and a 3.0C to 4ghz 1/1 memory divider on my current watercooling system. While you may see my kick-*** off-the-hook system:p and think it was given to me, seeing as I am only a freshmen, that is not true. I worked for every little part of my systm except the video card which was a gift. And I'm proud of it. My next project is either a waterchiller or single stage phase change system. AFter that, a Cascade.

I have to admit though, I like baseball more than computers. Maybe it's because I can pitch 76-77mph with a 12-6 curveball and nasty changeup with dead accuracy. My best game ever was a few starts ago when we mercy ruled the other team. Out of 15 batters that came to the plate, I struck out 14. So if I go on blathering about baseball in some of my posts, or refuse to talk to people that make it known they are yankee fans (I'm a die hard redsox fan) please do not take offense.

I also like girls ;)

Sorry for the long post, this forum is really great. I hope to help lots of people in my stay!

PS: How come every damn vbulliten forum inserts the smiley faces at the end of your post instead of where your cursor is???:mad:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums computer pro, I hope you find what you are looking for here.

The smilies can be hand coded in where-ever you want... That's how I do it. All of the vB shortcut keys can be hand coded, and its even quicker that way once you get used to it... The codes for smilies are listed next to the text input box when you hit post reply - click see more and it will list the manual code.

I have been here for a little while now and haven't introduced myself.

I am Carl [Poole] and I am 14 years old. I live right on the Canadian border in Northern Minnesota. My first computer was a Mac SE I got for 10 bucks at a garage sale. Prior to my friend moving here I was not too interested in computers. When I was 11 I started a bike repair shop in my town and it took off like crazy, and it was fun. Then, 2 years after becoming totally addicted to PC's, I started Quantum PC Repair and now I am rolling in dough. (ya right...) I have since discontinued my bike repair because I am too busy fixing computers and other such things. If you want to know anymore about me, pm me or MSN IM me, although I don't have a clue why anyone would :)

Most of my computer-friends are way older, and its hard to find people my age too interested in computers to even talk to because most think that there 'flat screen black dell' is the best computer on earth...
:) Anyways, computers are fun, until I get frustrated and break them. [RIP COMPAQ]

Name is well Tim. My nickname IRL is Timdog.

Currently have a scholarship to a very good Highschool in my state. I have always been a good student at school and my lowest average was I believe a 96.6.

I currently have built 4 computers. First one was a tester, then my first gaming machine, then a linux box, and now my current one.

I love computer and plan to make it my career. I really like to game a lot. I lead a MOHAA clan for 2 years and I have made many great friends online. I have just started to overclock and these forums have given me a lot of info. I do not currently know what I really want to do with computers as my career, but I have been getting into modding recently so I believe I will become either a game designer or a graphics designer.

Current OSes and specs of computers:
Parent's Computer:
AMD Athlon xp 2200+
512 pc2100 RAM
Asus A7V333 MB
Geforce 4 Ti 4600
Various other bits and bobs
Win XP home

Old machine:(currently not put together)
AMD Duron 950
384 Pc133 RAM
Most likely Linux eventually so I can use it for a folding box

Linux box:
AMD Athlon 1700+
512mb pc2100 RAM
MSI nforce mB(can't remember model ATM)
Many Linux distros

My box:
Amd Athlon 2800+
512mb pc3200 RAM
Radeon 9800se(x800 pro Tomorrow. YAY!)
Asus A7NX8
SD audigy gamer softmodded to Audigy 2
Senns PC150 headset
MX700
Elite Keyboard
fUnc sUrface 1030
Antec 430W truepower PSU
Maxtor 80GB HD
Pioneer DVDRW/R/CDRW/R
70+ games :D

My biggest moto now is: "Practice makes perfect"

I find this to be very true. That is why I use it a lot.

Music choices: Rock, heavy metal, techno
Movies: Heh, many here :) Fav ATM is LOTR:ROTK. I watched it from 12 midnight till 3AM the night the DVD came out :eek:
I guess you could also put Band of Brothers here. I'm a big WWII buff.
TV shows: Most recent has to be 24. I like intense shows like that.
Pets: Current is two cats, no idea how many fish, and one parakeet. <3 for cats. :)
Favorite IRC signs: Tie between ^_^ :eek: and o_O

That's it for me.

QuantumPC said:
When I was 11 I started a bike repair shop in my town and it took off like crazy, and it was fun. Then, 2 years after becoming totally addicted to PC's, I started Quantum PC Repair and now I am rolling in dough. (ya right...)

Wow, impressive! That's the kind of entrepeneurial enthusiasm that could also see you retiring at 36 yrs, like that chap in the UK (he hangs around OCForums too).

Nice going
:)

I'm Daniel and I'm an Israeli born in Sarajevo, Bosnia.
I'm 20 years old and I'm in the army, working as an armament tech on F15's.
I loved jets ever since I was a kid and I like my job most of the time, I started tinkering with comps ever since my 486 DX 66mhz and 10 years latere here I am with my 2500 Barton rig (curerntly in the shop due to BIOS screw up).
Anyway I didn't see any Israelis here altough we have a nice growing OC/Modding community here and the only think stopping us are the high hardware prices over here.

slomalakem!buenos diaz!hello!quertedavetru!shlolashvet!
(i made up the last 2)

my name is ivan i work for a major newspaper here in Los angeles,ca. i do the advertising sales so every now and then expect a smart assed 1 liner.
my first contact with comps was at the age of 11 at my elementary school where one day,they took us into a class room because they were going to introduce us to this revolutionary new thing called the internet...10 years later on the internet and with computers i have found friends,some enemies, but most important a constant stream of knowledge and information enabeling all of us to achieve COMPLETE AND TOTAL DOMINATION OF THE WORLD!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! sorry i thought i was getting a bit too serious and a tear drop fell from my eye...lol j/k. anyway i'm always here to help and ALWAYS willing to try ANY mod no matter what the cost...live on the edge man!

Back