• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Offical SVC Athlon DLT3C 0319 1700 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Grouch said:

I would do this except that i have a gig of pretty crappy generic PC 2700. This stuff craps out practicly at 168 mhz. What would be nice is if nForce boards did dual channel the right way so that I could run the ram in "sync" at half the speed of the FSB ala canterwood and springdale. :mad:

The reason is that the DDR FSB of XP cannot take the 2x DDR dual channel bandwidth of nforce2. P4 has QDR FSB.
Good PC2700 memory can usually oc a bit higher to near 200 MHz, may need to reduce to CAS2.5.

If the PC2700 cannot be overclocked to that high. And if you want to keep the 2700 for a while, and you can play with it using a high FSB say 200+ MHz, you can try running ASYNC with fsb:memory = 5:4. It will improve the bandwidth of your current PC2700 a bit to somewhere between PC3200 and PC2700, about PC3000. But it won't be as good as running SYNC (1:1) with the FSB using PC3200 or PC3500 memory.

i tried 3 different PSU and this 400w allied was most stable.
+5v reads 5.14v and never changes
+12v reads 11.98v idle and flucuates 11.92 - 11.98v load
-12v reads 11.94v idle and -12.03 load
-5v reads 5.09-5.14v
vsb reads 5.02v
vbat reads 3.62v
cpu core is pretty good 1.73-1.75 idle, 1.72-1.76 load

i never heard of this psu brand but it seems to do the job ok. i just curious y the chip hits a wall at 2.4ghz. even 20mhz more is hard to get stable.

im scoring alittle over 3k sandra memory is that about right?
im at ddr400 cas 2 2-2-5

What three PSU have you tried?
How did you measured the voltage fluctuation? What program?

i tried a 300w sparkle, 420w turbolink and 400w allied. allied had best most stable rails and the sparkle was pretty bad. turbolink was ok but the 12 rails flucuated to much as did the ram voltage. that was bouncing from 2.99-3.09 which is way to much flucuation for ram. the allied keeps my ram voltage at 3.07-3.09v

I used the winbond hardware monitor that comes with abit boards. i would use a DMM if i knew where to take the readings.

NoxioN said:
i tried a 300w sparkle, 420w turbolink and 400w allied. allied had best most stable rails and the sparkle was pretty bad. turbolink was ok but the 12 rails flucuated to much as did the ram voltage. that was bouncing from 2.99-3.09 which is way to much flucuation for ram. the allied keeps my ram voltage at 3.07-3.09v

I used the winbond hardware monitor that comes with abit boards. i would use a DMM if i knew where to take the readings.

A DMM may not be fast enough to SEE the line fluctuation which varies much faster. The best way to use a fast sampling oscilloscople (not available easily) over a period of time. DMM is good for measuring DC. Many believe the software probes are not accurate, but I think they allow one to sample the voltage line over a period of time to estimate the % line fluctuation. Since measuring % line fluctuation does not depend on the absolute accuracy of voltage measurement (even with a 5-10% possible absolute error).

From my experience with a 1700+, I was able to go to 2.4 GHz using a noname PSU, but no more. After changing to an Antec TP 430, I was able to go to 2.5+ GHz. Antec TP has 3% line regulation specification, which I think is important to run these chips at high overclocking, due to the current fluctuation, otherwise would result in large Vcore fluctuation (> +- 50mV) leading to system instability, I think. The NF7-S may regulate better than the A7N8X-DLX that I used. Actually measurement I did showed that the line regulation is right at 3% at high CPU overclocking taking into account software probe error for the TP430. Most other PSU's have 5% line regulation specification.

But your various voltage lines do not seem to fluctuate that much, probably that was at 2.4 GHz. You have to see whether they fluctuate more when clocking to 2.5+ GHz.

CPU overclocking does not depend on the FSB and memory, as long as the motherboard allows you to set the multiplier accordingly.

The difference between 2.4 and 2.5 GHz is not that significant in running programs, except for showing benchmark numbers. To spend on a new PSU for 100 MHz is not price performance efficient, except for academic or overclocking curiosity and satisfaction. That is, don't go out to buy a PSU because of that 100 MHz. If you can borrow an Antec TP 430/480/550 to try, it would be the best way to test it out.

Last edited:
has any1 being able to reach 2.5ghz stable with this chip? because there no point in me getting one just for the jump from 2.3 to 2.4 :p

hitechjb1 said:

The difference between 2.4 and 2.5 GHz is not that significant in running programs, except for showing benchmark numbers. To spend on a new PSU for 100 MHz is not price performance efficient, except for academic or overclocking curiosity and satisfaction. That is, don't go out to buy a PSU because of that 100 MHz. If you can borrow an Antec TP 430/480/550 to try, it would be the best way to test it out.

good point. i would love 2.5ghz and higher but i was aiming for 2.4ghz or more so i did reach my goal so 2.5ghz would be just gravy at this point. 930mhz OC is pretty nice for amd, im pleased with both my chips.

Just got my 1700 MPMW 0319 today...does 2.1 on default voltage...using my backup board which is a KT266a chipset board so I am limited on FSB and a serious undervolt when set past default voltage...so right now the MB is giving out before the CPU...which is always a nice sign...

One thing I have notice on my BIOS...it does not read as a Athlon XP 1700...but a AMD K7 1700 or whatever CPU it equals...example: AMD K7 2600...Has anyone else noticed this...also WCPUID and CPU-Z both show it as a K7 instead of a XP...

Lonely Raven said:
I just got mine today, but my NF7-S got sent back for RMA
on Monday so I won't see it for at least another week.

In the meantime I ordered an Epox 8RDA+ to hold me over
till I see my NF7-S again.

Plus I'm going to be beta testing the DFI NFII Lan Party.

Lots of AMD action going on at my place during this era of P4.

What are you going to do with the epox board when the new Abit arrives???;) ;) ;)

you gonnna sell it send it back???

Anyways I am glad i found this thread, becuase I just recieved my 319 and my Soltek board yesterday, and am curious about the capabilties of the 319's

Things look very promising for me indeed!!!!:cool: :cool:

When you guys say you have your cpu stable at 2250MHz at default voltage, do you mean default voltage of your actual cpu (1.5V) or default voltage of the cpu you've oc'd it to, i.e. 2250MHz XP 2800+ (1.65V)?

I'm jus burnin mine in at 11*216...I've already had it uP to 11*225...but it needed 1.75v an got really hot:mad:...49c...so maybe after it burns in a tad more...I'll see how far over 2500 I can get it...this is all on air of course:cool:

We talk about the default voltage of the chip we OC, so if its a 1700+ DLT3C then 1.5v is what we're talking about

Well I got mine yesterday and it ran Prime 95 all day and all night at 11.5 x 214 (2460 mhz) @ Vcore of 1.850, all other specs the same as below in my sig.

My 2100 was topped out at 11.0 x 211 (2332), and would not do a single mhz more than that and run Prime 95 stable.

So far its got my 2100 beat by almost 150 mhz, and that was my first try! There is alot of potential in this chip.

Temps are 40C idle, and 48C under full load (P95), which isn't bad at all.

I am really glad I bought one of these to try out. Considering its stable at 2460 after the first day, I think 2500+ is more than possible.

I'll post updates as i get them.

how in the world do you guys hit such a high overclocking on defualt voltage? mine only does 1.8ghz on defualt and 1.9ghz needs more voltage.

Well mine started out at 2.1...forgot to set the BIOS back when I stuck the new one in...and all I did was just lower the CPU voltage to 1.5 and ran a bunch of test to make sure it was stable...abd ut actually ran at 2.1 @1.47v's...my board undrevolts..and even worse when you set it past 1.65v's...

Plus I just had mine set at 12.5x169FSB...nothing major on the ram (PC2700)...try leaving yours at 166 and just up the multi. until it becomes unstable at default voltage...don't try a lower multi with a high FSB right away...if you want to see how high it will go on default voltage...

Also, if that does not work...you might of gotten a half a**ed 319...I am sure there are going to be ones out that just wont make the cut like the rest of them...but that is the same for all CPU's...

o i went for the gold and set it over 200fsb from the get go, i did not try 166fsb and multi. I will try that and see how far it goes. why would that make a difference if my system can run fine at 200fsb? how would 166fsb make it hit a higher overclock on defualt?

What that does it takes the memory and MB out of play and strickly OCes the CPU...which is what you want when testing for the max at default voltage...

glock19owner said:
What that does it takes the memory and MB out of play and strickly OCes the CPU...which is what you want when testing for the max at default voltage...
I use a low fsb/memory ratio so ram should not be an issue and as far as board goes why would if differ if my system can prime at 200fsb all day long?

Back