• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Susanoo beast lives!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a large area so maybe you could use an air cleaner off of a car. Maybe something that was used on a big V8 -- like a 440 charger. Although that might not even be big enough. Maybe your sister wouldn't like that look though.

What are the dimensions of the vented area on the side panel?

It's almost too bad that system is going to your sister.
Just use a HVAC filter available at Home Depot. Very cheap and low resistance.

Ask your sis for her Nylons...

Also, the filter on a 440 charger is a circle around 3+" tall and several inches in diameter... how would he close the case with that? Same with the filter for HVAC units. Most are around an inch thick and WAY bigger than that opening (would need to cut it).

Ask your sis for her Nylons...

Also, the filter on a 440 charger is a circle around 3+" tall and several inches in diameter... how would he close the case with that? Same with the filter for HVAC units. Most are around an inch thick and WAY bigger than that opening (would need to cut it).

I was thinking he could install it oulside the case so the vents' inlets would be inside the
440 charger air cleaner assembly.

If you could attach the HVAC filter that might be better.

Depending on how dusty the ultimate location of the system is going to be, it would probably be best to address this issue now rather than later.

Just an update on temps. I did a little test today. Clock speed was around 3.5 ghz which is the default- still no oc'ing done. 20 degrees C ambient air temp

Results:

Lowest fan speed setting:

Idle - 30
Prime 95 torture test- 48

Max Fan Speed:

Idle - 26
Prime 95 torture test- 40

Thanks for the comments on the car air filters, but I think I may rig some thing mesh material on the inside of the case.

Just use a HVAC filter available at Home Depot. Very cheap and low resistance.
If were going to put a filter on there I'd do what he suggested, cheap and easy, I've cut a few up and stuck em in various configurations a few rigs for filters, you usually just have to let the air hold them on.

Your sisters' build... what is it?
hu3a.jpg

See earlier in thread.

Saw this last month and wasn't able to comment (hadn't signed up haha). All I can say is originality! This may be more common in Japan as a fan, but from builds I have seen this is the first time actually being used.

Back