• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Unnamed Build Log - Caselabs STH10 - Full Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electrometro

Welcome!
This is my first build log so be easy on me. :)

This build is my first water cooling build and I am very very excited. I am hoping that everything goes super smoothly with the parts I ordered and that it will all come together as planned (I know it probably won't though). I will be re-using most of the computer components from my current build and then when I get the money (probably around the new year) I will be buying much better hardware (x99 baby!). I chose the colors yellow and grey as I plan to go to the asus x99-e ws board and it will all match then and look amazing on top of being a beast of a machine.

Part list and status

All case parts are in gun metal grey.
All parts are ordered unless stated otherwise.

Case:
Case-labs STH10

Case Accessories:
2x 140.4 radiator side mounts
140.3 radiator flex bay mount
Pair of 120mm tube management covers
120mm pump mount
DEMCi Flex Magnetic Dust Fan Filter for 140.3 Flex-Bay
HD Casters

Fans & Radiators:
11x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition
1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition
2x Black Ice SR1 low air flow optimized 560 radiators (see here....)
2x alphacool monsta 560 radiators (ordering soon, waiting for store credit from the black ice radiators)

Pump, Resevour and Blocks:
Alphacool VPP655 Variable Speed Pump HF Top Edition
EK Supremacy EVO Acetal CSQ
EK Radeon HD 7970 Acetal CSQ
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Reservoir

Tubing and Fittings:
PrimoChilll clear 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube - 4x 24" Pack
10ft of PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 1/2"ID x 3/4" OD for behind the case routing and draining
4x Bitspower Compression Fitting - Matte Black
Bitspower G1/4" Matte Black T Adapter - for draining
16x PrimoChilll 1/2" OD Rigid Ghost Compression Fittings

Re-used Computer Components:
AMD FX 8350
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Gigabyte 7970 OC Windforce
16Gb G.Skill 1866Mhz
2x Crucial M4 128Gb ssd in raid 0
3Tb 7200 RPM HDD
3x Asus 24" Monitors

Misc Items:
5x ModMyToys 5 way 3pin power distribution blocks
3x EK Ekoolant Pastel Concentrate 250mL - Pastel Yellow
Monsoon Hardline Pro Cutting Kit & Heatgun
PrimoChilll 1/2" OD Rigid Tubing Bending Kit
Prolimatech PK-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound
Bitfenix Alchemy Multisleeve Extensions

The log:
Fan Painting
Parts arrived...with bad news
More coming soon

Thanks for looking and I hope you are as excited as I am! I will post up some pictures here soon as I paint the rings on the AF140's​

Last edited:
Case Fans Painted!

So today I painted the case fans I have. I have 5 fans currently so I painted the rings to all of them. I also have some spare rings because one of the fans shipped to me was defective.

Glorious fans!

rsz_dsc_0910.jpg

rsz_dsc_0913.jpg

rsz_dsc_0915.jpg

Welcome to the forums! This is a great first post to make, detailed and teaser pictures. Looking forward to the rest of the build. :)

Welcome to the forums! This is a great first post to make, detailed and teaser pictures. Looking forward to the rest of the build. :)

Thank you very much!

Update:

Ordered the rest of the fans today, they should be here next week some time. All water cooling components shipped today and should be here Monday. No update on case yet.

Update 2:

Pump is on back order; 1-18 business days. :(

Update 3:

Case is expected to ship on Tuesday, October 21st. So the build is a bit away until we get things going. :(

Update 4:

The pump has now shipped. So now all I am waiting on is the case to ship. I received the rest of the fans yesterday. I painted them and fitted them and they are all ready to be placed on some radiators now. :)

Last edited:
Good news everyone! (Well...sorta)

My shipment from frozencpu arrived today will all of the goodies inside...well most of them that is. On my order packing sheet I am seeing that they shipped this as a partial order, which I was expecting due to the pump which also came today, however they also marked me down for a radiator being shipped later. I am looking in the box and see that I am missing a radiator. I call them to see what the problem is and they say they no longer carry this item and they will have to issue me a store credit. Kind of annoyed that they couldn't have told me that during my order or even called me before they shipped my order to let me know that they are one short and will have to credit me for the other so I can make the decision on what to do. I am thinking I will have to ship this one back so I can get two matching radiators. That will be another week set back due to the slow shipping times.

Lame.

On the good news note though everything else is here and looks great! Just waiting on the case and the radiators now. :)

Will post pics here soon.

Update 1:
I will be shipping back the SR-1 560 rad I did receive and will be ordering 2 alphacool monsta 560 rads instead due to the lack of additional sr-1's on frozencpu.

Pics will be a bit delayed. probably once I get closer to building I will post part pics.

Last edited:
Back