• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright IFX-14 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would like to see more tests before making any conclusions about this heatsink.

And the name is very cheesy. :p

Ya, I'm thinking of upgrading to either the 120 Extreme or the IFX-14 from my Zalman CNPS9500 but I'll be waiting on a good comparative review.

Also will need to measure and make sure it will fit!

I thought the Ultra 120 Extreme was a beast... That thing is ridiculous... very curious to see how this holds up against a 120 Extreme

so far people are stating a 1-2° difference in favor of the IFX over the 120 Extreme with a small overclock. That should go up as you pump in more volts. Quad core should be better on this cooler compared to any other heatsink.

HousERaT said:
so far people are stating a 1-2° difference in favor of the IFX over the 120 Extreme with a small overclock. That should go up as you pump in more volts. Quad core should be better on this cooler compared to any other heatsink.

Sources?

I'm contemplating what I will be purchasing after taking measurements when I get home.

HousERaT said:

Sounds good. Always nice to have a 1-2 degrees drop on load. :attn:

I was able to dig this up:

Before: E6600 (polished), 3.42 GHz @ 1,35VCore, Ultra-120 of extremes (polished), Coollaboratory liquid metal sauce Idle 34°, load 58° with approx. 22° ambient temperature

Now: E6600 (polished), 3.42 GHz @ 1,35VCore, IFX-14 (convex), Thermalright ChillFactor Idle 31°, load 57° with approx. 23° ambient temperature.

Source: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1031302812&postcount=17

I am going to be going q6600 and i wonder if this option would be just as good as a water cooling option hmmm

treatmentx said:
lol that IM window is hilarious

Definitely share your findings!

The sad thing is that these AMD brisbane cores have defective sensors so my findings will be useless.

I bought it purely for asthetics :clap:

ugh... $92 gone

10-11 hrs of working for a hunk of metal :(

That looks good enough for me to finally upgrade from my Big Typhoon and Delta, especially with the q6600 on the way. You rekon a 38mm fan will fit in the gap between the stacks?

Hmm i might have to get another delta to even the weight distro, one off each side.

Back