• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright IFX-14 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hipcrostino said:
That looks good enough for me to finally upgrade from my Big Typhoon and Delta, especially with the q6600 on the way. You rekon a 38mm fan will fit in the gap between the stacks?

Hmm i might have to get another delta to even the weight distro, one off each side.
I think it suggests either a 120m or a 140mm for that.

About time they released this ! I still have a few questions about it though, especially a comparison of a TT Ultra Extreme vs IFX-14 (59 Euro vs 80 Euro).
Fans...2x 120mm // 2x 140mm or 3x 120mm // 3x 140mm? :p
I currently have a 120mm Panaflo on my XP-120, so I figure I'd pick up a Scythe-S 120mm and use 2x 120mm (can't find any other 120mm Panaflo's in the Netherlands, which sucks). The Scythe-S is gonna set me back 20+ Euro incl shipping though, ugh.

I just hope the IFX is worth it and will fit a GA-P35-DS3R :)

IKIKUINTHENUTZ said:
Interesting find from this guy, IFX killed by Ultra120-E

I've never been a fan of ThermalRight's "easily bendable" heatsinks ever since I got my SI-97 and it seemed to be a little bent in the pipes when it arrived- never performed very well for me, and I've seen others do quite well with that sink.

Hopefully Vapor there just got a dud or "bent" version which, even though he straightened it, has restricted the fluid flow in the pipes enough to warrant the results he obtained.

Also, seems like this bending has been identified as a problem with some of their sinks. Why else would the SI-128 have a support bar on the sink opposite the end of the pipes?

Hmm, interesting review that Vapor guy did. It would seem silly to get a more expensive less effective IFX-14 over the 120Extreme. Glad I ordered the 120Extreme instead.

Might want to wait for a more official review to surface though as this is just a regular user it seems. I had other reasons I choose the 120Extreme over the IFX-14, and that was assuming the IFX-14 would perform better.

what a waste of $90 unless he bought for the sake of reviewing in which case thanks.

Looks sweet, I'm thinking of getting a new HS, no reason too, but I want one :)

The only Problem i have with that cooler are it's dimensions. I built a custom case from sketch and now this thing is just too big to fit in there.. dammit !

-da`Paule

Mmm, it looks like it does a better job on Quads anyway right? or am I mis-reading the charts somewhere

Back