• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake: Proud maker of giant metal phalluses/water coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jas said:
Just imagine the TT BIOS.......
:clap:
That would be definietly unstable, glow in dark, was UV-reactive, advertised to be something unique, while being poor ripoff. And of course - it would have to be heavy and noisy :D

<sigh> I did <bows head in shame>

*BUT* it was a TT venus heatsink with my neo2/3200+ combo and it was only a couple $$$ more than a stock heatsink. Does seem to work very slightly better than the stocker, but with these wacky temp readings who really knows. Well anyway it sits on a shelf since I'm on water.

most of their Air cooled products aren't horrible, some actually perform half way decent. But generaly speaking you can buy much better for the same amount of money, if not less.

Personally I'm glad to see more companies getting on the WC bandwagon, the only problem is how some of these lowercost, "entry level" systems are being marketed (cough TT cough). If you just want a virtually silent cooling solution, and don't care about extreme performance, hey fine, but you should be abel to tell what types os WC solution fall into that category. With TT, average "joe I just started getting into computer modding/overclocking" is going to think things like the Big Water, or this phallis are "performance" cooling kits.

Thats why I don't like TT. It perfectly OK to make a lower performing WC product AS LONG it is targeted to the appropriate audience. I know plenty of people who could care less about having their CPU running 2 degrees above room temp, or overclocking their system. But who would think a silent coolnig solution would be nifty.

TT seems to think they can crap in a box, slap some nifty buzzwords on said box, coat it in some LED lights, provide a rheostat, and they have a high performnce product.

You can't knock down TT... I think their cheaper socket A copper heatsinks are good for the money.

how do they get away with this $h*t!?

Because no one views them as a big enough threat, to bother wasting time sueing them all the way to Micronesia, for copyright infringement?

Thermaltake is one of those companies that will be around for a looooooong time. Unfortunately.

Let's not read into this COPYING issue too much. Everyone learns from others. It's part of everyday life... it's part of competition. Without situations like this, then there would almost be no such thing as variety.

So you guys think that the first car company that made a car with FOUR wheels should be the only one who gets to do that? Does every other company have to make cars with < 4, or > 4 wheels? Come on, guys. Think about this in a less 'based on details/looks' manner. We all wear a shirt, pants, underwear, and socks. Do I now have to stop wearing clothes the way I do just b/c someone else did it first???

Don't look into what I said too much. I'm just making my point. Who cares... this is how life goes... you sometimes HAVE to learn/copy what others have already created. That is the ONLY way technology and life may progress.

Goodnight. I'm sleepy...

Wow. i guess the rule they live by is, "Why re-invent the wheel?" It does look cool. I like the color better than Zilman’s blue but the copycats should be reprimanded.

There's copper oxidation in water rigs. If you mix metals with different potentials, there's even more of it. They used alu radiator and copper water block - that would result in some serious oxidation, if there's no anti-rust stuff.

by building a WC unit with this problem, they now have people with money and no clue about computers by the groin. they have to keep buying TT coolant with the magical "anti-rust stuff" to ensure that it works properly.

We should have a poll where we could vote for what product we think TT would copy next... :D
I would vote for xp90/xp120/SI97.

DaWiper said:
We should have a poll where we could vote for what product we think TT would copy next... :D
I would vote for xp90/xp120/SI97.

Naaah - there's a thread on normal Cooling subforum about penny heatsinks - some people think that's cool - a good thing for TT to copy :D

And more serious - personally I doubt that they'll copy one of these "as is". I'm rather towards some variations of "tower" style.

Back